How to Create a Boot CD

As title, I have my Win98 boot disc files that I had on a floppy disc and I want to use them to create a Win98 boot CD. What do I need to do to achieve this please?

Decent CD writing software can take a boot floppy and convert it to a bootable cd-rom which emulates a floppy, and can also create another erm… session I think is the right term which is a normal CD. So you can have it boot and access other files on CD.

Was randomly googling for free cd writing software recently, think one of the ones I found supported pretty much all features found it the non-free ones although I haven’t tried them in anger.

You can create a boot CD with NERO. Make sure you copy your system files (IO.SYS, COMMAND.COM, MSDOS.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS) to the CD in the root of the disc when burning it, You may also want to copy MSCDEX.EXE and a compatible driver to the root as well, make sure the AUTOEXEC and CONFIG files are set properly to load the necessary drivers. Finally, you will need to change the boot options in your BIOS to boot from a CD first.

have a look @ BOOTDISK.COM there might be an iso already done.

Curly

Thanks guys. :thumbsup: . I’ll have a play with these. Cheers!