I'm back....

:tiphat:Hi fellow crunchers…after a lay off of several years, I’m back in the fold of Phoenix Rising and crunching for Seti and Docking…just thought I’d let you know and catch up on what’s been happening. Hope you are all as well as can be expected and still enjoying your crunching. I’ve only got one old computer doing the biz now an old Compaq Presario that I’ve sucked years of dust from…my trusty old Toshiba P200 laptop overheats and cuts out on me so I can’t trust that any more…just use it for my Genealogy nowadays and my main machine is a Macbook Air which gets noisy and quite warm when I run Seti on it, so until I find out wether that is normal, I’ll leave it off production for now… So, good to be back, let’s hope they don’t put up the price of electricity any time :wave:

Welcome back m8! Good to see a distinguished member back on the boards again. :slight_smile:

Does not matter what hardware you are using as long as it ticks over and adds to the goodness, that’s all that matters. I’m reduced to mostly a dual core lappy meself and occasionally the big rig dual core when I’m doing work stuff, but it all counts.

Don’t be a stranger.

Welcome back! This seems to be the year of TPR members returning. Perhaps we really are the Phoenix… :smiley:

THANKS GUYS…Nice to be back in the fold…happpy days:tiphat:

Yep! Pull up a chair, grab a brew and join in the chat. Things have been a bit quiet for a while as people have taken to Facebook and Twatter as an alternate, but some of us guys are still here and always glad of a natter.

How’s things in your neck of the woods?

Welcome back ancient_hippy… The forum has been a bit quiet but as a team we are still crunching quite well and are still managing to keep in the top 100 teams, despite quite a few retiring.

some must have flicked a match at the phoenix and gave it a kick start :slight_smile:

It’s nice to see a few old faces returning… :smiley: