Is it a drain on system resourses ?

Hi all,

I would be interested in helping out with this, can anyone tell me if installing and running what is required is a drain on system resourses ? I have an ageing sony vaio which tends to get a bit hot if not fanned seductivly by a maiden waving a feather !!

Thanks in advance

Graham

seti and other dc projects are designed to stop using the resources when you are trying to use your laptop yourself, they use the spare resources of your computer not the ones you want to use.
but be warned, don’t put your laptop on your lap whilst running seti or other dc projects… you might burn something precious.

Bully

[QUOTE=mastapeace;404534]Hi all,

I would be interested in helping out with this, can anyone tell me if installing and running what is required is a drain on system resourses ? I have an ageing sony vaio which tends to get a bit hot if not fanned seductivly by a maiden waving a feather !!

Thanks in advance

Graham[/QUOTE]

It uses RAM and idle processor time, which are system resources, but you’ll never notice it. If you’re going to leave it running for extended periods of time, it’s advisable to get a laptop cooler. I have it running 24/7 on three laptops. All of them have coolers.