It's only took 6 years

It’s only took 6 years… but I ain’t one for writing gratuitous amount of :spam:

But I finally made 1000 posts with this one…

:worm: Runs and hides for cover!!!

Nobody bothers with :spam: on here … do they ? :wink:

Congrats on the 1000 :spammed: :lol:

yay - an excuse for :spam: :smiley:

DT.

sings
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:
wonderful :spam: loverly :spam:

:smiley:

What is this :spam: that they are all on about? I know not :slight_smile:

nor I - it would be a sad day that this forum stooped to :spam:

I agree - it would be a sad day that this forum stooped to :spam:

well I was expecting a lot more replies to this thread - if I’m being honest

what a load of :spam: :sigh: :wink:

DT.

Is this a thread we can :spam: in ?

More :spam:?

Whatever happened to plain old ‘enthusiastic communication’

It went on a lean manufacturing course, was modernised, minced up and put in a tin and labelled :spam:

aah now then, enthusiastic communication was the phenomenon which arrived with the introduction of the Global Internet, you could chat to anyone at anytime, and with super fast speeds of 56K it was quite possible to enjoy a quality conversation knowing the other user wasn’t going to reply before you’d finished typing your lengthy answer :smiley:

however, dial-up speeds gave way to the cable broadband networks, which are capable of reaching speeds up to ( :wink: ) 50Mb and beyond, which has seen a catastrophic fall in the amount of words ( or symbols) a user can type before being obliged to reply in a conversation. This has led to the implementation of an abridged internet protocol named :spam:, which, when typed and sent, can mean anything from “hello, do you like my new handbag” to “help I’ve got my toe stuck in the hot tap

hope this :spam: helps :tiphat:

edit: and there you have the perfect example, while I was composing my long winded reply Peige beat me to it with some simple :spam: :lol:

:haha: good double act . rofl
Although I do remember 300 baud asynchronous start/stop protocol using acoustic couplers - you could almost type as fast as the line speed

I remember using that too in school. In fact, I think it was slower at ~96 baud. I also remember using the old punch cards on the college mainframe. Just before I graduated, they finally got is so you could use a pc to program and then save the code to a 5 1/4 floppy to have that uploaded to the mainframe. I used to cheat and just run it all on the pc (god was that slow going) and then when it was all working correctly, get it uploaded to the mainframe to get the printout/output on that lovely wide paper that the instructor wanted. I lived off campus at the time and it saved many trips to campus to use the mainframe and then discovering it didn’t work right.

I’m glad I have never spammed!:smiley:

BTW Fiend… 6 years, hard to believe… considering you are a born spammer:)

Used to have to load a program into one system I have worked on using ticker-tape… ahhhhhhh the memories…

These youth of today know nothing about “proper” computers…

DEC PDP11s and 8" floppies, RL02 removable discs… ahhhhhh the memories.

My first home computer was a C64, followed by an Amiga… before finally succumbing to building my own PCs.

Damn… :spam: has got a lot to answer for!!! :smiley:

anyone got a can opener or swiss army knife ?

WHAT ???**$$!£???

:spam: now has a ring pull !!

DT.

[QUOTE=Mortlake;440847]:haha: good double act . rofl
Although I do remember 300 baud asynchronous start/stop protocol using acoustic couplers - you could almost type as fast as the line speed[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TheFiend;440855]Used to have to load a program into one system I have worked on using ticker-tape… ahhhhhhh the memories…

These youth of today know nothing about “proper” computers…

DEC PDP11s and 8" floppies, RL02 removable discs… ahhhhhh the memories.

My first home computer was a C64, followed by an Amiga… before finally succumbing to building my own PCs.

Damn… :spam: has got a lot to answer for!!! :D[/QUOTE]

This has to be the first time that a :spam: thread has actually ended up with a topic…it’s usually the reverse :chuckle:

I prefer Twix myself! :smiley: