Working for a company fixing Dell laptops and desktops at the mo, but my niece had a problem with her HP Compaq C60 laptop. It would not fire up, even though there was power to it.
I guessed from what she said that it had overheated, as these lappys have a history of this. Stripped it down and found the fan was seized and would barely turn with your finger. Hoping that the overheat protection had kicked in I took a gamble and ordered a secondhand fan from Ebay, popped it in rebuilt her lappy and after fiddling about with loose connections and loose monitor hinge screws, booted it up…
All working OK!! So for the sake of a £10 fan, she now has a working lappy and has saved herself a fortune she would have had to spend buying a new one. I will have to have a chat with her about using it on her lap and filling the fan with fluff and other debris!! :nono:
Always worth a try if you feel brave enough.