So yeh :smiley:

Gonna start coding in C++ very soon :slight_smile:

Andy.

Gratz mateā€¦nice one :thumbsup:

tyvm :slight_smile:

Nice going Andy. Looks like youā€™re on your way with this. :cool:

nice one - plenty of assistance available if you need it :slight_smile:

DT.

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;451820]nice one - plenty of assistance available if you need it :slight_smile:

DT.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, thanks very much folks,

I am looking for as much information on CC++ and object orientated programming as possible.

Ive found these on youtube.

From start to finnish about C++

Ive alreaddy gone through the terminology,
Syntax, variables, typedef, Unions, Enum, etc etc etcā€¦

If I can get a good grip on it now then I will sail through the rest of the course.

Andy.

Btw perhapse sticky those videos for future users?

Like DT stated congrats from the geeks here in software land. If you get stuck just scream but not to loud software developers like it not to loud, just right.

Number one lesson:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
int count;

for(count=1;count&lt;=1000;count++)
printf("I will be a good geek today, and will not throw paper airplanes in class!");
return D;
}

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout << ā€œI will be a good geek today, and will not throw paper airplanes in class!ā€;
return 0;
}

/No good?/

Very Good Andy! Ok, now go apply what you have learn to making cash!

Oops that was my owner side coming outā€¦oh go have fun!

[QUOTE=STEP2000;451870]Very Good Andy! Ok, now go apply what you have learn to making cash!

Oops that was my owner side coming outā€¦oh go have fun![/QUOTE]

Lol, If you need a trainee employee, and your willing to pay for relocation,
then Ill work for you! :smiley:

Andy.

Wait until you get to the really interesting bits ā€¦ calculating collision events and stuff - it is a game developer course youā€™re on isnā€™t it ?

I looked at a few ā€˜booksā€™ on it and decided the computer on/off button was my limit :lol:

Fair play to you Andy, I just wish I was young enough for my feeble (and rapidly degenerating) brain power to take it all in. I was born in the wrong era, Iā€™m still in the age of bows & arrows :o bits & bytes are to do with sandwiches and Coding is what the wife does when we decorate :smiley:

Lol, Well yes im on the game dev course, and with a BA at my side the world is my oyster,

or thats the plan anyway.
Alot of places up in dundee I can go and work for to build up a good rep in the industry and then in a few years when the time is right, head over to canada where the industry is booming.

Andy.

Hi Andy Gratz

Im think of going in to codeing on call of duty modern warfare 2.
i all ready have some software what lets me open the console in the game and another one what lets me mess around with the gravity and stuff.

But after playing around with that for a few days i want to learn how to do C++ codeing on call of duty so i can do more things.

Have you still got Msn just wanted to no if we could have a chat and see what i need to get started.

Thanks

Peter

[QUOTE=brater;451923]Hi Andy Gratz

Im think of going in to codeing on call of duty modern warfare 2.
i all ready have some software what lets me open the console in the game and another one what lets me mess around with the gravity and stuff.

But after playing around with that for a few days i want to learn how to do C++ codeing on call of duty so i can do more things.

Have you still got Msn just wanted to no if we could have a chat and see what i need to get started.

Thanks

Peter[/QUOTE]

Hi peter,

You canā€™t modify the source code for Call of Duty itā€™s self,
And as far as I know Infinity ward the developers of the game actually made it so that modders cannot actually make mods or maps for the PC version of the game nor the console version,

Infact there was quite some debate over this,
However.

If you want to start off with somthing simple and work your way up may I suggest modding with the source engine,
There are complete tools open to the comunity as well as tutorials on how to do diffrent things.

Source requires pretty much all code to be written in C++,
So all of the tutorials on how to make basic mods will infact teach you how to do basic C++ code.

Ok fine Source is a bit old,
But its still a very good engine to mod with,
Infact EA Games made Left4Dead 2 with the Source engine with Havok Physics,

So its still a very versitle engine.

But if thats not for you, take a look at the Unreal Engine,
Ofc for the Unreal Games.

You can get the Unread Development kit or UDK here.
http://www.udk.com/download

Source on the otherhand is available to you alreaddy if you own Counterstrike source (I know your dad does so thats easy.)
All you need to do is go to tools and download SDK Source
And you will have things like Face poser, mod maker and Hammer editor available to you,

But I warn you just becuase its free and alot of peopl have made games and mods from this SDK kit, doesnt mean its easy.
So donā€™t jump into it likely,
Read tutorials and do your homework on it.

But UDK and SDK are a good place to start pete.

If you still have your heart set on CoD then Try the World at war development kit.
you can check that here

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/13305/Call+of+Duty:+World+at+War+Mod+Tools

Although,

I would be careful with that one,
You wont be able to do half as much as you can with source or unreal becuase the source code for call of duty is copyrighted and not free.
So really all you can do with that is make addons,
And not actually alter any code.

Might also be a good start for you to get this too.

This is bloodshed Dev C++

It is a Compiler, a very good way to start to learn,
And there is a number of tutorials on how to create basic programs,.

Download Dev C++ and Follow the tutorial below,
And Do the very first C++ program that pretty much every C++ coder learns

ā€œHello Worldā€

To you old gits out thereā€¦ you may not have done this for your first program but its what is the first in any tutorial and some uniā€™s use it as a good intro.

Anyway.

Got any questions just send me a msg pete,
Im nowhere as good as the likes of the all mighty DT or Step2000,
So these guys will probably be more help to you.

But if you want inside information on Games engines and whats the best for types of games etc.
Gimme a shout :slight_smile:

Andy.

Ok m8 thanks alot if i got any questions ill give you a pm
oh and i got left 4 dead 2 as well lol but i no how to mess around with that all ready lol
i just wanna do call of duty right now so thanks m8

xD

time for lots of hard work :slight_smile: