Let the fundraising and begging begin!

Can I point all members at this thread.

I am currently mailbombing most of Shropshire to get help with these items, Can I ask everyone to look down that list and if appropriate contact wives, girlfriends, employers, long-lost aunties and anyone else who may be able to make a charitable donation and get the ball rolling.

We are raising money for the Gambians, the Cardio-Vascular unit at my local hospital and the British Heart Foundation, the latter in memory of a sorely missed TPR member. Last year we raised a total of approx £3500 - I want ten this year no excuses.

You guys are great and always pull somthing out of the hat - I’m asking a lot I know but please think “Tigger” for a while and see if you can cajole someone into helping. It really will make a difference to someone somewhere.

If you’d seen the sights we have in Africa you’d know why we are spending shedloads of our own money to do this again. EVERYTHING counts, no matter how small.

Thanks in advance, I know you won’t let us down 'cos you never do.

Aaaand 24 hours later no responses :confused:

Well I did but delted it because I felt it was spurious and not required. :rolleyes:

Anyhow what I said was, anything I don’t spend of my Mojo’s fund that I’ve set aside for November, (and don’t need for the way home) will be put in the kitty as I leave.

Afraid I cant help much otherwise but I’ll see what Tigger items I can accquire before I come to Mojo’s.

I’ve got 4 single airbeds that you can have Mojo, but tbh they don’t keep the air in too well (even though I know there’s no punctures) but they’re yours if you want them :slight_smile:

I will have kids toys etc that you can take too, but will have to sort out the kids bedrooms first (will do that after the work on this place has finished).

Thanks guys - very kind of you :thumbsup:

But with respect you’re missing the point.
What we’ll need is local businesses, clubs etc. to chip in either money or goods which we can utilise.

So I’m not looking for the membership to dig deep, but to be cheeky and spread the word.

Local pub having a quiz for charity? I know a good cause - Tigger.
Got a camping shop nearby? They might be willing to donate a lantern or something for the cause.
Bloke down the road got an old caravan in his garden?
How about your employer? Charity donations are tax deductable I believe. All company sponsors will be acknowledged on the vehicle itself and on the website It’s cheap advertising - you never know they may go for it.

Ahhh I get the point now :smiley:

Will get on the case :smiley:

no response - I was too busy spamming local firms with the wishlist. I’ve got three 99% sure wanting Tigger real estate for cash towards the cost of the trip.

My next attempt is going for BIG corporate help, no names yet but working hard.

DT.

Most companies have a chosen charity to support.
Last year I tried to blag ANYTHING out of Chevrolet UK. The response was all the American cars were personal imports and nothing at all to do with Chevrolet UK and they would only make donations to the NSPCC.

So no parts were forthcoming and no charity sponsorship either, but they did wish us the very best of luck. Thanks Chevrolet UK, I’ve got such a warm fuzzy feeling I’ll rush out and buy a Daewoo Matiz errr I mean CHEVROLET Kaolos Lettuce or whatever that rebadged Korean shoe box is called.

BUT, diverting back to my original thought, corporate entities usually support a chosen charity. Can you have a look at work on your various intranets and see if its the British Heart Foundation.

Perhaps the best way to get the sponsorship from them is to do it the other way round.
“As the company supports BHF why not slip a few corporate quid into these chaps collection tin and see if they have space for our logo on this tasteful orange thing ? It could get on national TV you know!”

:thumbsup: Nice one DT. There’s plenty of advertising space on Tigger - if a company sponsors and supplies a sticker or stencil I’ll ensure it gets on there.

If Tigger fills up with slogans, theres plenty of space on Pooh

:slight_smile:

i have now spoken to our marketing manager about this and she thinks she might be able to sell the idea to her bosses… so watch this space :wink:

:thumbsup: I could use some good news :slight_smile:

Anybody else wangled some support yet?

Some specifics…

Fold-up camping chairs (8 required)
Four single box-sided airbeds
12V rechargeable lanterns
Melamine camping plates and cutlery, pans

Go to your camping shop and ask…please

Have updated the wishlist with everything already sourced

Shameless bump

I’ll be having a proper clear out in the back of Tigger shortly.
If any of these items turn up does anybody want them back ?

I think there is a pair of DT’s shoes in there still and a dartboard.

NB: All items have a permanent aroma of Military grade oil and a coating of Gibraltar sand