Lifemapper Announcement

Just a thought, but for whose who for whatever reason can’t/won’t run BOINC maybe a new DC project would appeal where TPR currently has no presence? I have no candidates but everyone can Google surely… I think this would be a fitting destination for the “unhomed” LM team…

Anyhoo, having started the TPR LM team I can only say “Well Done!” to all of you and keep fingers crossed for your 2Mill :slight_smile:

heres a list of projects from the Free-DC site with links to the project pages, not had time to go through them all yet.

Project List

Curly

There’s what used to be the Aspenleaf directory too that lists upcoming projects as well as current/ending/past projects…

http://distributedcomputing.info/

I think the Balrog should let me have some of his machines for the last few weeks of Lifemapper. Just to make sure we go out with the best number of units possible. :grin3:

Most definately :nod:

DT.

can an announcment be made when the projec t is decieded :smiley: :flip: ill throw my pc a anything including wall

Definitely not surprised by this announcement. They let the project go to hell and you can just tell didn’t give two craps about it. :frowning:

As for what people want to do next, I’ve been doing the D2OL project for a few months now and like it alot. It’s a very stable client and has a queue built right in. No CLI though so that rules it out for some.

It’s been fun guys. :cheers:

BTW, just took down the stats and have the traffic going to the first message of this thread instead.

There must be some DC projects out there which will allow you to cache a weeks worth of crunching.

I really need this type of project as most of my farm is not able to connect to the internet.

Seti and LM were ok for this.

It may be a step back to Seti unless there is a Earthy type project.

Any suggestions for a cached project please???

Anything running on boinc can. You can also set prefrences for it to upload and dowload at certain times too. It’s all in the Boinc structure. You could even crunch multiple projects at concurrently and they’re all managed through one interface.

For those not wanting to do seti there is Predictor that is basicly Folding in the boinc form. There the CPDN climate prediction, LHC particle accelerator basedx project. There something for everyone really.

I would love to find such a project Allen. I would also like to find a project that has a CLI and can be installed as a service. I have a number of remote computers that are free to crunch as long as they don’t in any bother the computer’s owner. Lifemapper fit that bill perfectly.

Boinc could be run as a service through it’s cli, once thats set up as far as I know it won’t be noticed :slight_smile:

is there nothing to fit the bill from the 2 links Mulda and I posted?

I will try to go through the projects over this weekend

Curly

20k is my target… i havent read up on boinc, don’t you have to from the computer you downloaded too? could be difficult or troublesome for me, need something nice and easy to stick on my remote crunchers, something that wont need looking after.
Bully

on behalf of your friends at Picard - Congratulations on reaching the 2 million and finishing at number one in the project :cool3:

Way to go TPR :grin3:

Thank you Bozo. We hope to see you on the next project.:wave:

I would love to know how to do that. I’m afraid I need step by step instructions similar to the one in the Lifemapper sticky. I have an opportunity to put Boinc on two computers this weekend if someone can show me the way. Thanks

Install Boinc normal, but without the “run at startup”, add projects as normal, then dos prompt to the boinc install DIR and do ‘boinc.exe -install’ which installs the service, then you need to go into the services panel from control panel>admin tools and change the run as user to local computer (last bit may or may not be right, all I can remember is there is a setting to change).

hth,

DT.