Lifemapper question (yes Bob-A-Job, another question!)

Can it only be run on a 24/7 connection or will it sit and re-crunch the same Wu a la G@H whilst offline? I’m still on crappy dial-up at home so I doubt it’ll make an appearance here unless it can cope offline…

I think that’s all for now :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, since caching is not yet available, it has to have access 24/7.

When it has crunched, it will just try reconnecting until it does in order to be able to send the results back and get the next job/unit whatever you want to call it.:frowning:

One way around this, as suggested by someone who I canne remember:confused: , produce multiple directories with the install in, BUT you still have to set them off manually. Hmm maybr well timed cron jobs???:confused:

Originally posted by goody600
One way around this, as suggested by someone who I canne remember:confused: , produce multiple directories with the install in, BUT you still have to set them off manually. Hmm maybr well timed cron jobs???:confused:

That would be me :smiley: but I’ve not found a way of automating it yet so as the next one starts when one ends.

I have 24/7 broadband so its not that high on priorities - sorry, but I sorta can see a way of caching working.

DT.