@Lifemapper

Any change of a commandline version of the client for windows.

Well actually a commandline version for linux, but a windows one will work just great under wine.

It’s a bit tricky getting the current client running under wine as is seems to use to odd components.

This is the output when running it under plain vanilla wine:

error installing ikernel.exe

Anyway, I’m enjoying running the project on my Windows machines. Good work mate keep it up.

Originally posted by barcode
[B]Any change of a commandline version of the client for windows.

Well actually a commandline version for linux, but a windows one will work just great under wine.[/B]

Yes, we are planning to have both things soon. Give us a month or two. It is on our list.

[B]It’s a bit tricky getting the current client running under wine as is seems to use to odd components.

This is the output when running it under plain vanilla wine:

error installing ikernel.exe

[/B]

That usually happens when you try to install Lifemapper on the guest account. I don’t know much about wine in terms of user accounts, but if you can, try logging as a regular or power user or even administrator.

Anyway, I’m enjoying running the project on my Windows machines. Good work mate keep it up.

Ricardo
Lifemapper Team

Ricardo,

I was wondering:chin:

1. Do you have any estimates on how big the project is?
  2. How many jobs the project is likely to run to (answers to the nearest billion;) )
  3. How long do you think it might take to complete (obviously can only be approximate with the number of current contributers)?

/…tries to work out if I’ll still be doing the news after retirement;)

And any other information that you think might be relevant to us?

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job
[B]Ricardo,

I was wondering:chin:

1. Do you have any estimates on how big the project is?
  2. How many jobs the project is likely to run to (answers to the nearest billion;) )
  3. How long do you think it might take to complete (obviously can only be approximate with the number of current contributers)?

/…tries to work out if I’ll still be doing the news after retirement;)

And any other information that you think might be relevant to us?

Not being funny m8 but maybe such queries about the project as a whole could be better placed on the Lifemapper message board? Info in the sticky.

Originally posted by lifemapper

That usually happens when you try to install Lifemapper on the guest account. I don’t know much about wine in terms of user accounts, but if you can, try logging as a regular or power user or even administrator.

Found out that it’s to do with Install Shield 6. So may try installing it another way…

Spent most of last night on this one.

You need to copy stdole32.tlb and stdole2.tlb to the fake windows/system folder.

However, that’s just the start of your worries…

You’ll need to copy the missing files that are in DCOM95 to the system folder too.

Also, you’ll need the extracted files from msxml3.msi in system. Windows Installer complains at msxml3.msi (part of the install of LifeMapper)

Once you’ve done that lot, regsrv32 msxml3.dll

You’ll need to copy over shwlapi.dll too and change the order from builtin-native to native-builtin, or hack the code for PathSearchAndQualifyW in path.c, which is just a “return FALSE” in the source.

Then you can install LifeMapper, but you’ll have to do it blind: Alt-N Enter Alt-Y Enter Alt-N Enter (maybe x2), wait for copying files, Alf-F Enter (I think!)

Then you can fire up LifeMapper using “wine --dll shlwapi=n LifeMapper.exe”, but it blows itself up because it can’t access the cryptoapi. Stuck there at the moment, but I reckon that installing Internet Exploder (or possibly just copying the dlls) will sort that one.

…but I’m tired (finally).

Originally posted by TPR_Mojo
Not being funny m8 but maybe such queries about the project as a whole could be better placed on the Lifemapper message board? Info in the sticky.

Point taken:embarassedsmilie:

I just thought, since Lifemapper was here most of the time from mid afternoon to early evening that he might like to post something positive rather than having to respond to bugs or failures of one sort or another.

BTW, I have registered but the first thing I find is that I can’t change my Personal Info :confused:

You are not allowed to use this part of the board

You are currently logged in as Bob-A-Job

Secondly, I can’t post:(

Lifemapper Support Board > The Lifemapper Project > Project Discussion
Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

Have you done the authorisation link in the email?

Originally posted by goody600
Have you done the authorisation link in the email?

what link?

what email?

/…stumbles off to check email account hoping I haven’t deleted it with the 100 odd other spam a day I get:(

Originally posted by Bob-A-Job
[B]what link?

what email?

/…stumbles off to check email account hoping I haven’t deleted it with the 100 odd other spam a day I get:( [/B]

Oops:HUGEembarassedsmiley:

Registered now, thanks Goody:thumbsup:

Bob-a-Job:

We’ll answer your questions on our board here after we think a bit. Need to scratch our heads a little.

Thanks for asking.

LM

Originally posted by lifemapper
[B]Bob-a-Job:

We’ll answer your questions on our board here after we think a bit. Need to scratch our heads a little.

Thanks for asking.

LM [/B]

Sorry Ricardo,

After I had registered and had a browse around, I read some of the other posts and realised that some of the questions had already been answered by you.

This project is way bigger than I had imagined and I can see now why a distributed computing method is possibly the only way that it could be done:confused:

I would appreciate any information that you can provide but I will ask any sensible questions;) at your forums, for your ease and the benefit of others participating in this project outside of TPR:rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to check us out:thumbsup: