Lifemapper

Sat here in work with the job que empty I decided to google Lifemapper as for me it was the best project I ever did crunch… not for benafit… but for fun :slight_smile:

http://www.lifemapper.org/index.shtml

stumbled onto the website, seems to be a lot different from when I remember it being black…

does this mean lifemapper could live again ?

how cool would that be? :smiley:

Ooh, that brings back some memories. I remember liking that project in the past, as it benefited strongly from hyper-threading in a P4. Not sure I’d run it again these days though.

Page has been like that ages

I think they don’t require external help anymore i.e. can be catered in-house via existing computer resources.

since lifemapper finished ihavent had the will to crunch anything else

You could try Climate Prediction…

For me Lifemapper was a fantastic project :slight_smile: D2ol came close to matching it… but was tarnished with the cheating that went on…

Also its seems too odd for me to do CPDN, the idea of a machine crunching its way through a work unit to work out how long we have untill we all drown in a big puddle, just seems a bit silly to me… but each to theyre own…

Ive been doing the seti push atm but only because it was nice to have a big team effort… Proxy hasnt been on in a while here so ill have to turn it on at some point…

once I hit 200k with seti I think ill find a new project to sink my teath into :smiley:

Better than looking for little green men trying to kill us :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive taken my time to think of a really really really good come back…

and here it is :

‘Shup’ :stuck_out_tongue: