Locking Wheel nuts

Amazing how this thread keeps going…
and how many can’t find a way to get their nuts off.

[QUOTE=Vortex;453904]Amazing how this thread keeps going…
and how many can’t find a way to get their nuts off.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, you tell 'em Heidi! :rolleyes::wave::wiggle::chuckle::Poke::hail:

Somebody had to say it! Darn Brits can spew oil but not…:slight_smile:

i just paid 125 pounds for a peugeot dealer to remove one and the tyre has never been off
the car 09 plate --tyre put on by garage at purchase

ouch !!

DT.

Even after 11 years, people are still visiting this thread.

Obviously still can’t their nuts off after all these years :chuckle:

Maybe I have created an underworld of broken project Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra MPV’s that dont work anymore, stranded on driveways with breaker bars welded to their wheels.

Maybe with a few more brands thrown in I can lure in all the Dubbers that have lost the locking key for their Golf GTi Vr6 and get them to strand their cars under a tarpaulin too.
Audi A4 and A3 owners with a broken wheel locking nut can join in too with this one neat trick that dealerships dont want you to know.

:lol: :chuckle: :smiley: Could be fun once the Google bots get their paws on your thread :chuckle:

Oddly, I just had a text from a friend asking if he can borrow an old 12 sided socket

I wonder…

:lol: Words out :smiley:

Bolts out too :slight_smile:

Audi A6 wheel nut DEFEATED

The socket seems to have stood up fairly well.

Looks like the last tidy up on Flickr broke my picture links, oh well.
The featured Matiz became bean tins in 2010, it passed one MOT after it moved on but the airbag light advisory was probably its demise.

So moving on I was looking for a gadget, Ed China had a video on servicing floating caliper brakes which was a bit meticulous and featured a Scotchbrite stud cleaner.

I thought that looks like a handy alternative to a wire brush and powered, so no longer a hand job.

So I have one on the way

While I was there I spotted a new locking removal kit " Sealey Master Locking Wheel Nut Removal Set"

It even has a foam blathering pad with a glory hole to get at the nuts!
Batter away with a massive tool until it comes off.

How professional is that ?

Let the search bots have that lot!

1 Like

I wouldnt bother messing with brake calipers, just send them HERE Far easier.

Sarge.

Ah, I see a misunderstanding has arisen.

You and I might change brake pads.
Ed goes further Edducated 1: How to service a floating caliper brake setup - YouTube
When I looked at the youtube video link it almost reads Bilko in text speak… Spooky

LOL !
Its an omen …

Sarge.

Recently had all the tyres done and i took the chance to get the locking wheel nut taken off and normal bolts put in place.

I’ve been left stranded in the past because of the fecking things and i just cba to deal with them anymore.