Mini lan

NO PROMISES :wink:

Where:
Thames Valley Business Park - Reading, Berkshire

Conditions:
Small machines and TFT’s only due to space. I think that 12 people is about all that could be accomodated. There are numerous hotels and b&b for those who would like to make an evening of it as well.

Other things to note:
There are some machines here that are usable for gaming, not fantastic performance on the newer games, but good enough. Mainly bootcamped imacs (x1600gfx 512Mb)

This is a ‘test the water’ type post, it’s a timed event, 10am-7pm.

DT.

Sounds interesting.

What games were you thinking? Could quite happily cart my laptop down if it was Ut2K4 and similar.

well the one we had over the Christmas break for friends and family was mostly UT2K4 and Age of Empires3, the imacs all did well enough although we had added fun of two projectors and a ps3, xbob, ps2 and something else that had a steering wheel on it. Was a decent laugh with just games :slight_smile:

DT.

yeah i am up for that, so long as its not 2 expensive for an overnight stay, i think can bring my lappy top, dont have any of the above games though

I’d come over, tie it in with a few beers and a meal after ? :thumbsup:

that’s the kind of thing, there’s a nice curry house pretty close :slight_smile:

DT.

so far then from conversations with people, a names list would be;

DoubleTop
jHorner
Slim (not slimdude, the other slim aka my boss;))
Sgt Bilko
MickeyC
Drezha
kylefoulds
Peige
Bullseye

There would be a definate push towards gaming activities :wink: Servers are already installed for quite a few things and the internet feed is pretty good for getting down dedicated server stuff quickly.

DT.

I’d be interested as well :).

Could be interested depending on date

Space for a couple more I think, don’t want to get it too overcrowded.

DT.

can i suggest a sunday please, as they are the easiest days for me to get off work and then it can be an all day thing, would that be cool with everyone??

Sunday would be harder for most I’d imagine, definately harder for me to get to work with a hangover on the Monday :wink: Sorry Kyle, but it has to be a Saturday :deal:

DT.

Hmmm PMM quite fancy some UT2K4 and laugh with some old faces without the lag

Date is the potential problem if it were to fall at the end of the month it would clash with work commitments.

However if it was a mid-month & also a certainty Kyle was going & I do see Curly browsing this :wink: something could be potentially arranged for a group adventure to reading.

2nd Feb or 9th Feb - if it’s the 9th it could be fun as my birthday is the 10th :devil:

DT.

ok well i teach karate on saturday from 1030am - 12pm, so if it was a late start, i can get the aft of work and then sunday of potentially, either or in that case

[QUOTE=PMM;406520]
However if it was a mid-month & also a certainty Kyle was going & I do see Curly browsing this :wink: something could be potentially arranged for a group adventure to reading.[/QUOTE]

aaawwww somebody loves me :wink:

I forsee an illness…

DT.

Swine Fever always goes down well on a self certified sick note :wink: :smiley:

hehe, on a more serious note will the old fogey be coming, and i seem to recall owing mr bullseye a beer or 2

waiting for a few details to iron out, but looks good then for one of those days. There is a preference to it being the 2nd of Feb this end, but that depends on a couple of answers I’m waiting for :slight_smile:

There will have to be a form of ‘terms’ for this as well, to cover things like insurance. I’m sure there will be other things to sort, there is a fridge - that’s the important bit for the milk for coffee :wink:

DT.

I need to check on Monday when our monthend stock take is due if it fall on the 2nd I’m done for, but will let thee know Monday.