MOT time

Ruby is being looked at as I type here like an expectant father in a freezing cold waiting room …

Glad you reminded me. I’ve got mine next month :frowning:

failed :frowning:

but will be back first thing in the morning to contest.

“Rear exhaust system not adequately support” = the bracket had come out of the rubber, put it back in and bingo.
“Nearside rear wheel cylinder leaking” = I’ll be checking in the morning that the shoes, drum, cylinder completely are dry, ten minute job to pop the wheel off, undo the two screws and lift off the drum. The front side where I had painted it bright red :chuckle: is dry, only evidence of leakage, which I think is where I may have spilt fluid, but hey a new cylinder is £8 :lol: drums and shoes changed 700miles ago, hoping the shoes are not too contaminated, but hey, £20 worth of new shoes isn’t going to kill me :smiley:

DT.

Nice and easy to fix :D. Know I have an issue with sidelights, which is possibly a fuse under the dash. Weather too bad for me to get upside down in the footwell at the mo, other than that, don’t know. Will need to see when it goes in.

The old Porker passed her MOT a couple of months ago… The bad news was that it need a new OSF wishbone due to the ball-joint been kaput!!!

They also put down rear fog lights as a failure… they didn’t know you needed the front fogs switched on before the rears will work! :rolleyes:

Oh… and it needed new number-plates!!!

Not bad I suppose. Can be expensive to fix Porsches

new number plates? I’m intriqued

If it had been an early 944 it would have been cheap to replace… Steel wishbone with replaceable ball-joints… Mines a later one which has alloy wishbones and a difficult to replace ball-joint… Cost of wishbone £300!!! :furious:

The good thing is it cured a slight vibration problem that would happen between 60 and 75mph. :smiley:

The backing of the numberplate had come away and dirt was making some of the digits unreadable…