MSN on linux?

might be a stoopid question but is there a client app for msn messenger for linux?

Hmmm, plenty of IRC stuff

This might do the job http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

But I have never used it so you are on a voyage of discovery :wink:

I like jmsn. amsn is a little bit featureless.

Google it.

Originally posted by MrTFWitt
[B]Hmmm, plenty of IRC stuff

This might do the job http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

But I have never used it so you are on a voyage of discovery :wink: [/B]

gets my vote :slight_smile:

I think jabber (or it is gabber? I can’t remember) supports MSN (definatly supports ICQ and AIM).

just been playing… anyone got jmsn working? am getting a bizarre (aren’t the all? :rolleyes: ) error message from java.

it runs, but when I try to login it throws a wobbly and says “click to log in” :doh:

am running mandrake btw :wink:

Could you post the error message in full.

They make sense to me as I’m a java developer :wink:

you did ask :wink:

rath.msnm.NotificationProcessor: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:434)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:384)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:291) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:119) at rath.msnm.AbstractProcessor.makeConnection(AbstractProcessor.java:149) at rath.msnm.AbstractProcessor.run(AbstractProcessor.java:305)

Basically means that the remote server refused the connection outright. Port blocked.

The client is probably too far out of date now :frowning:

Microsoft change things around to break unauthorised clients the whole time.

cheers mate. appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ll jot that one down for next time :wink:

Originally posted by Spaceboy
[B]cheers mate. appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ll jot that one down for next time :wink: [/B]

Cheeky get :wink:

This is the important bit

Connection refused 

The rest is just stack of execution from where the exception was thrown. Useful if you are debugging the code useless for the user.

Having spent all evening on this same problem (then finding this thread heh) I can reccomend you avoid KMess and msn4lin like the plague.

I’m currently using Gaim and it seems pretty cool, supprts ICQ, AIM and MSN in one handy client which is nice :slight_smile:

Gaim is good especially if you get .64 or.65 it appears .66 resently came out also Kopete is very good messenger for kde but is only for AIM and MSN.