My PC at home is slowly dying. The board is now struggling to cope and betwwen it and the PSU I keep getting power drops resulting in PC going off and refusing to come back on for an hour.
Not to worry, she’s an old girl with her sock 478 P4 and AGP graphics. I’ve had 5 years life from it so not too worried.
Anyway I’m looking at something like the below spec. What do you think? Will the graphics card fit in the case? Which CPU cooler would you recommend? there’s not a lot of space around the socket on the new board.
Any other comments are welcome. This lot looks like costing ~£670 which isn’t too bad.
- Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 SLi Compliant PSU
- Antec P182 Super Midi Tower Case - No PSU (Gun Metal Black)
- LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Reader & HD-DVD ROM Serial ATA Drive - Retail
- 2x OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Platinum Series DDR2 (OCZ2P10664GK) (so 8GB)
- Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 “Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition” 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
- Asus P5Q Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- Gainward GeForce 9600 GT “Golden Sample” 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort (PCI-Express)
looks fine but don’t quote me on that
In general I don’t think there is a graphics card longer than the board and from what i’ve seen on the net of the Antec there is at least an inch or 2 spacing on the internals on the back edge.
Can’t comment on heatsinks but don’t get a shred your fingers thermalright brand.
cheers, just worried about the hdd cage fouling the graphics card once it’s all installed.
It’s far from state of the art but it’s a massive improvement over the current box and not too expensive.
I think it’s pretty close to state of the art to be honest. Only better would be extreme CPU’s and a GTX 280.
You’re in good shape there bud:thumbsup:
TBH… I Know nothing. But i wouldnt get that drive. I would just get a normal dvd drive till i know i will get blu-ray dvds and all that , Looks good.
Can I ask something too, Some people might of herd about it but a dx10 rig for 176 pound. (http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/build-a-dx10-rig-for-under-176-415350) Well its my birthday in 13 days and i wanna get a new PC as the one i use is the family one and is very bacis. So what do people think of that ? I found most the websited to buy it . and i will get it soon i think.