new puter

Okay, i had the do the totally heathen thing and order one from Littlewoods catalogue :sigh:

Linky

But i still need a gfx card to give it the kick needed for gaming.
The one thing that bothers me is how thin it is :uhh:

Any recommendations around the £50 - £60 mark?

Hmmm not liking the specs much :frowning: What made you buy from there? Thought about building your own ?

What’s the PC to be used for? If it’s for gaming you’re going to struggle for that budget unfortunately.

I’ve taken the liberty of pricing up individual components for about the same budget and included everything that came with the linked one :wink:
https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/lRtJG1cPpXA7CTBAlHNk7w,,

I can’t seem to find ANY information about what expansion cards it might be able to take, so hard to spec a gfx card tbh :rolleyes:

/edit: best info I can find is for the EL1331 which has One PCI Express ×1 :frowning:

Im going to guess that Littlewoods came into play because you can buy it and pay over X amount of months?

I’ve got a passive 7600gt PCIe spare if that’s of any use, but somehow I doubt it’ll fit in that type of case. I had a look around too and can’t find any details on its internals.

if you can cancel the order, Aria do finance as well - not sure on rates though.

You’re going to be looking for a low profile card, somthing like a HD5450 or a GF210.

DT.

Ouch - the CPU seems a bit pants, only slightly better than an Atom by looks.

end of last year cost my gf and I, a bankcruptcy after our daughter got ill. Basically we had to throw in the towel and lose the house etc etc , BUT, where we are living now outside Mansfield has brought her back to good health :xfinger:
BEFORE

AFTER

Littlewoods were kind enough to overlook my credit issues and on a limited budget, the computer i ordered will fill a one year gap just fine. (even if it means a lil’case modding to get a gfx card in :wink: )

Anyway, the puter i am replacing is my epox 8rda+3, xp2400 (slowly dieing), x1650 gfx card and creative 4.1 sound
(the new puter doesnt sound as bad now does it? :lol: )

If a low profile card is still too big, another alternative is running with the side panel off :shrug:

I’m still wondering what kind of expansion ports it comes with :frowning:

If it’s anything like the 1331 I was able to find, you’re gonna struggle getting any kind of reasonable gfx card in a PCI-Express x1 slot.

[QUOTE=Spaceboy;458113]I’m still wondering what kind of expansion ports it comes with :frowning:

If it’s anything like the 1331 I was able to find, you’re gonna struggle getting any kind of reasonable gfx card in a PCI-Express x1 slot.[/QUOTE]

If i hear my mrs say ‘aww its so small and cute’ one more time…
:catfight: :lol:
The damn thing is 100mm wide / 360mm length / 260mm high :boggle:

turns out it had a pci-e x16 slot sat there begging for a gfx card…
so i ordered myself a GeForce 210 512mb card (low profile) for £23 from CCL :smiley: