Non-internet access

I know this is an old chestnut but I hope someone will take pity on me:

Can you run BOINC on a computer which doesn’t have Internet access - and transfer work back & forth?

You may try this post Ike and see if it helps.
Sorry I can’t give you a better answer.
http://forums.teamphoenixrising.net/showthread.php?t=52917&highlight=Non-internet+access

Thanks Heidi. My production has been a bit down lately but hope to arc things up again in the next week or two. This answer should help!

Your welcome… and Mustang saved the day again

In the past, I’ve installed the Boinc program on a USB memory stick. I plugged the USB stick in the machine without the connection and crunched units. I would then periodically unplug from that machine and plug into a internet connected machine to transmit and get new work. I have had reasonable success with this. There are two concerns with this. The USB memory stick is quite small compared to a hard drive. You won’t be able download very many units at a time, meaning you have to keep an eye on it or you will run out of work. Lastly, all USB memory sticks are not created equally. I think I have two sticks that have worked well and three sticks that did not. I don’t know why some work better than others. One more thing, if you get set up with a USB stick that works well, it’s a good idea to defragment it periodically. It seems like all the input/output fragments the data more rapidly than you would expect.