NTFS drives

My HDD is split into C and E drives under NTFS. Is there a way of SAFELY removing the E drive and extending the C drive to use the entire disk? Or is it a reformat job? Its XP.
:sigh:

Personally I use Partition Magic always been safe for me - no longer available to buy - but I see there is a free alternative HERE

Acronis True Image tools are great also. If you have another drive would also be easier to copy over C then just reuse old drive on something else. I have similar reformat coming on several boxes, oh joy not!

Acronis Tools rock - i got a full set of the version 9 stuff a couple of years ago (I think)… very good

I Agree. Used Acronis lots. Always worked well for me…

Deja Vu!! I’ve just done this tonight!

I had a 10gb C: partition and a 30gb D: partition. Removed the D: partition in Disk Management so it showed up as unallocated space. Downloaded EASEUS Partition Manager 5.0.1 Home Edition from here , installed it, ran it. Dragged the disc space of C: to use the unallocated space, hit apply and all was done. Probably took about 5 minutes from start to finish. Rebooted a few times and not had any issues so far.

Thanks folks, especially Kef. Thats exactly what I was looking for! The whole process took much longer to download than to actually perform. Nothings crashed yet, but will see how it looks after reboots etc.

No probs. Was nice to play around with XP again for a bit whilst i was waiting for my warranty replacement for the Western Digital 3200aaks drive arrived. I should have put my house on it being the day after i got my old XP HDD out of the loft and spent a few hours sorting it out! Ah well, back to Windows 7…