One Thought, One Opinion

One Thought, One Opinion

Some people have come to the conclusion the only worthwhile conversation they can have is with someone that concurs with every thought and opinion they have.

Where would science be if there was only one thought, one opinion. There certainly would be no need for any Theoretical Physicist, all doctors would treat everyone the same. . . probably with leeches, and the world would still be flat.

Where would our government be if there was no different opinions, no debates, absolutely no independent thought. Well we’d still be ruled by England. Africans would still be slaves, and women would not be allowed to vote.

Just ponder for a moment on what a world with one opinion, one thought would be like.

There is no person, no family, no friend, and no relationship that agrees with every thought and every opinion of another. I personally couldn’t enjoy such a conversation.

A healthy and stimulating conversation can be achieved without argument, petty name calling, or even hatred. Try it and you may learn / teach someone or yourself.

The philosopher Aristotle once said, “It’s the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

Though not all is lost if you still need to converse with someone that thinks exactly like yourself. Just go by yourself into a room, shut the door, and start babbling away.

May your life be filled with peace and healthy conversation,
Heidi-Ann Fourkiller

With views like that you must be a Republican, cant possibly be a liberal lefty.

Sarge.

1 Like

I know, could you imagine me a “Snowflake”

Top Stuff.
We hold the same views in politics, TPR no place for Snowflakes.
Do you ever listen to PATRIOTS’ SOAPBOX NEWS ( Live Channel ) on YouTube ?
You’ll get all the inside story on there. Most entertaining.

Sarge.

1 Like