opinions ?

Does anyone know much about this motherboard ?

reliable ? worth the cash ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6891860178&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

my opinion is, that if you are going to get an Intel motherboard, you would be best served with either an Intel chipset or the nVidia SLI chipset. Ive always considered Via’s Intel chipsets so-so. But for the price, it doesnt seem bad, and Asrock is Asus’ discount brand, so it is well made.

ahh looking more closely at the specs, I see an AGP slot…Im guessing that is why you are looking at that particular board (and DDR instead of DDR2)

I have the P4VM800 (the micro ATX version) currently running This machine and before that it ran Folding, Rosetta and Seti 24/7 for probably the best part of a year.

No problems with it, solid little performer and with your one at £35 with a 2 year warranty I would say a good buy.

I can also recommend the seller as I have used them before with no problems.

HTH.

ahh looking more closely at the specs, I see an AGP slot…Im guessing that is why you are looking at that particular board (and DDR instead of DDR2)

:agree:

I have the P4VM800 (the micro ATX version) currently running This machine and before that it ran Folding, Rosetta and Seti 24/7 for probably the best part of a year.

No problems with it, solid little performer and with your one at £35 with a 2 year warranty I would say a good buy.

I can also recommend the seller as I have used them before with no problems.

HTH.