os X tiger

hi folks,

i have for some time been contimplating upgrading from XP (dont get me wrong on the most part im very happy with xp) to something that requires less effort to maintain. linux is to much like hard work for lazy people like me lol.

i am planning on testing osx tiger on my shuttle. its not an intel based machine so it could be an interesting experiment. as will finding drivers for some of my odder hardware lol

if any of you lot have any usefull advice it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Upgrade to Win2k? :stuck_out_tongue: What is it you find too much effort to maintain? OS X may not be any better.

Anyway, I’m not aware of any legal method to get OS X running on non-Apple kit. Believe images are floating around that have the hardware check bypassed but can’t help there.

Believe the video box Apple recently put out is low cost and capable of running full OS X but can only suggest you google on that one.

not sure why you’ve made the assumption mac is any different from win with updates, there are just as many when you get a new machine from Apple. Maintaining is easier, BUT finding apps that do what you’re used to on Windows is hard work. Windows operating with the menu bar fixed to the top rather than the actual windows is hard work at times.

I fear the advantage of less (do not read none) virus and hack attempts to Mac os will soon be destroyed as Apple continue to make headway in the market. I’d stick with XP if I were in your position.

DT.