pausing Boinc

OK, when I run media center I want to pause Boinc, I found an article that says put a line in the cc_config.xmlfile… I can’t find this file… any ideas?

right click that bit in the task manager and select “snooze”, or quit the manager. Finally you could just goto activity suspend, but with the last two you need to remember to turn it on :slight_smile:

You could just set the preferences to not run when the machine is in use as well.

DT.

Create your own or find an example and edit it using notepad or similar see here.
You have to do similar if you use BOINCVIEW - you need to create a file called gui_rpc_auth.cfg

DT, the in use thing is only mouse usage, I was after it stopping completely when MCE is running. Stopping it manually is what I’m doing right now.

Mortlake, so I have to create it, got to work out all the settings then, and create an extra section to put the exception in… OK, something for a day I’m more focused.

While you all are at it…(giving info)
I still can’t shut Boinc down on the 9100e without doing a restart. (snoozes fine)
any ideas. It does exist, but still runs in background.

[QUOTE=Vortex;443524]While you all are at it…(giving info)
I still can’t shut Boinc down on the 9100e without doing a restart. (snoozes fine)
any ideas. It does exist, but still runs in background.[/QUOTE]

With BOINC Manager open, Advanced->Options->General Tab. Make sure the box is ticked for “Enable Manager Exit Dialog” and click OK.

Now close the manager and right click on the icon in the tray and choose exit. Make sure the box is ticked for “stop running science applications when exiting the Manager”. Make sure the box is NOT ticked for “Remember this decision and do not show this dialog”. Now click “OK”.

Ok come on I could not be that stupid! Hmm, ok I guess I was ~smiles~
Thanks dear.

Just as a folow up, I’ve just done it and it works.
open notepad, insert
<cc_config>
<options>
<exclusive_app>ehshell.exe</exclusive_app>
</options>
</cc_config>
save as ‘cc_config.xml’ in the folder ‘C:\ProgramData\BOINC’ (for me this was hidden)

now when media centre fires up, crunching stops.

Wife happy :slight_smile: