PSU sizing

Need to order a new PSU and wondered what your thoughts would be in terms of sizing appropriately for this lot:

Q9550 CPU
mobo
2x 4GB DDR3 sticks
8x sata HDDs
PCIe sata controller
GTX560ti
Another PCIe graphics card (yet to be purchased - purely to drive 3rd monitor so won’t be massively hungry)
Xonar sound card
BDROM drive

I doubt my current 650w unit will cope.

just checked what my current one is and it’s a Corsair TX650 (about 4 years old). Other than it physically not having enough connectors for the new HDDs is there any reason it should struggle with this?

I think I’ve got the corsair 650w, which has 4x sata powers as standard and 4x molex as well, so converters from molex to sata should see the hard drives straight, the 560 I assume requires 2x 6pin power, so that should be fine, the CPU probs goes off a 4pin power as well as the mb taking the 20+4 power, so in theory you should be fine.

I think a 650 should be plenty. Ball park numbers, assuming not overclocked, you’re looking at up to 100W for CPU, 150W for the 560ti, and probably over-estimating wildly, say 150W for everything else except the new gfx card. So I’d estimate up to 400W load if you manage to stress everything 100% at the same time.

Assuming you go for another GTX560ti then the 650w psu would just be enough with everything maxed. That’s not downgrading the Psu to account for capacitor aging. There is a handy power calculator here: extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp