Relaxing with a DVD, VHS or Betamax?

With the death of video rental many have built up large collections of DVD and VHS titles, but which items in your collection do you particularly cherish? I like the '80s style of The Wraith. :cool:

Seven Nights In Japan

Hidemi Aoki

The 1983 movie Nightmares, in its collection of four stories there was one about an obsessed gamer played by Emilio Estevez that runs into a bit of trouble when his favorite arcade game becomes real. Another memorable moment for video game fans.:cool:

I think I remember renting the Wraith at my video store on VHS. Still have a few VHS videos in my collection, but most have issues as the tape deteriorates over time. Played the original VHS Tron and then the DVD remastered 25th anniversary version. Totally different animal. :slight_smile: Even some of the scenes were different

Got to have classic hardware to watch this stuff on, like a genuine Betamax!

Nice!! :smiley: My Ferguson Videostar VHS went to the great recyclers a long time ago, but gave excellent service.

I’ve still got my Panasonic NV-HD640 Nicam VHS… Still works and still got some VHS tapes… Haven’t watched any for a long time though and some of the VHS stuff I’ve still got has never been released on DVD, like “Newman and BaddieL”

I recorded the whole of The Mary Whitehouse Experience TV series on a 240 minute VHS, but my m8 borrowed it and his stepson accidently recorded football over it. Haven’t been able to find it on DVD, except for the live show, which are only excerpts :frowning:

I watched Nightmares and I must admit that I could not sleep all night long! This is awesome!

mp4 to mp3 converter free

Always must break the record tab off the tape, that stops new programs being recorded. If you put tape over the broken slot you can record again. Prevents accidental erasure.

1990s were a strange time, lol.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Garth’s Mirthmobile

Last year I bought a BluRay player, but the only BluRays I have got is the Matrix box-set, and I am quite happy using the up-scaling function to play DVD’s on on my HDTV.

That would be my next purchase as I can’t be fussed to buy all my dvds again

Somehow Cobra has more camp value when watched in VHS. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Droid;462831]I recorded the whole of The Mary Whitehouse Experience TV series on a 240 minute VHS, but my m8 borrowed it and his stepson accidently recorded football over it. Haven’t been able to find it on DVD, except for the live show, which are only excerpts :([/QUOTE] You have to break off the VHS casette tab, then it can’t be recorded over, unless you put some tape over the space.

Never understood why Burt left Sally Field to take up with Lonnie Anderson, bad move!:slight_smile:

Movie trailer

Firebird V8

One really special gem is Used Cars (1980) starring Kurt Russell. Columbia made the mistake of releasing it too close to Flying High (Leslie Nielsen). Everyone went to see Flying High and overlooked Used Cars. The few people that did see it loved it!

Used Cars Trailer

Actually, Columbia was one of the few that released their movies on Beta.

Not the best Bond flick, but did have a great car chase.:cool:

Matador Coupe in Bond Movie

Matador X