Roll call for Mojo's - 26th June 2004

Copy the list and add your name if you are coming. Please try and keep the list in alphabetical order as it helps people quickly scan through to see who is (or is not) coming.

All you need to bring is yourself, some beer and food money. Anything else is optional.

There is a reasonable amount of B&B space within a short space of The Lowfield Inn, you can sleep on the floor at the pub, or you can camp.

PC’s are optional. Games often played include UT2003 (I guess there will be some UT2004 action this time), Counterstrike, Total Annihilation. Suggestions for additional LAN based games welcome.

Just to remind everyone - there is a small charge per PC you take as we are trying to raise enough money for a TPR 48 port gigabit Router. Additional donations are also welcome. IIRC it was £5 last time

The list:

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
Hidden Spirit?
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
Neal Chantrill
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Speedo

Apologies if I missed anyone

ill be there :smiley:
i got the 23rd to 30th june off as it my birthday on the 27th :slight_smile: but ill let u lot work out what one :wink:

mine and my brother is on the 29th PPPPPPPARTY :smiley:

ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Looks like i’ll be without Pete as well…means Neal will have to find someone else to look down on :smiley:

sirgaz

Doh!!! Just noticed someone had already added me :smiley:

Just woken up so eys and brain not talking yet :o

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
Hidden Spirit & Barry? (also depends if Foxy & Dezy are going and can give us a lift :))
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
Neal Chantrill
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Speedo

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
Hidden Spirit & Barry? (lift is not a problem)
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
Neal Chantrill
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Speedo
Dezyboy
FoxyLady

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
Dezyboy & Foxylady
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
MarkONE
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata & Neal Chantrill
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Speedo

:lol: Thank you Dezy :smiley:

Now just to speak really nicely to mum :smiley:

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
Dezyboy & Foxylady
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
MarkONE
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata & Neal Chantrill
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Spaceboy
Speedo
Wyntrblue (care of spaceboy - thanks mate )

Ahh so you think us one entity do you ? lol Foxy will be along shortly to put you right, lol :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well contrary to my first assessment it would appear I can actually go on that weekend.

However its one of those “You can go if you really want to” situations, just have to think of ways to earn some brownie points in the meantime.

Siciliana and myself cannot make that weekend :frowning:

Have fun though :slight_smile:

Anyone going near Curly ?
He could do with a lift to the bash.
Be nice to see him there again.

DT, any chance of another batch of I/P stickers, and did you get any luck on those couplers ?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sarge

P.S. Yer all a bunch of tarts - but you already knew that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Should be fine with the IP stickers again, I’ll pop to WHSmiths and get the labels. I’ve got 20 couplers tested them with gigabit and they are fine, not bad for 70p each, although I may need some of them on a site visit I’ve got coming up.

Quick question for you though - did we always use a router to do DHCP or did we ever use a dedicated box ??? Our main problem with it seemed to be after a power cut, because obviously the router lost DHCP allocations due to loss of power. I was wondering about using an old p2-400 I have here as a linux DHCP allocating machine with a UPS.
If I bring along (its a bif IF its heavy) my server, it has Server2003 and DHCP running on it and I’ve never had a problem with DHCP at all. Of course we could just stick with what works and ignore my rambling !!! :wink:

DT.

Alta Rica
atopperuk
Big Six
BounceOut
Bullseye
Curly99, thanks to Neal and Ren :slight_smile:
Dezyboy & Foxylady
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
MarkONE
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata & Neal Chantrill
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Spaceboy
Speedo

Curly

/edited by Hids - Don’t you know your alphabet Curly :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry guys, i cant make this one :(. I’m going to be on holiday.

Grrrr, gonna miss the spud guns :frowning:

BS :mad:

Alta Rica
atopperuk
BounceOut
Bullseye
Curly99, thanks to Neal and Ren
Dezyboy & Foxylady
DoubleTop
Efaill
Gatekeeper
MarkONE
Mickey-C
Mojo (obviously)
PMM
Preecey
Radar
Renata & Neal Chantrill
Sgt. Bilko
Sirgaz
Slim Dude
Spaceboy
Speedo

I’d be inclined to stick with what worked last time for now. The sticker system gave us traceability and it was a good way of keeping things controlled. We thought about using a UPS on the DHC box before, but we still got errors due to one or two people not getting their network settings sorted out.
The sticker / Fixed i/p system worked because it forced people to go in and set those values.

Bottom line is that it worked 100% doing it this way, if anyone can better it then i’m open to suggestions here ** Cough ** . :confused:

One intresting point raised though, is seating arrangements.
My preferance would be to leave it as is beacuse i think it works well, the reasons for this are :-

A) Smoking / non smoking areas - with a wall between. This works well.
A double row as origionaly done does not give the same segregation.

B) Space. Keeping the main part of the room clear is useful for social / dining area when not messing with computers. Also there’s nobody trying to squeeze by behind you when you’re sat down. Makes things not as cramped. Another bonus.

There was a third good reason which i’ve forgotten now after writing the first two - Bugger … :frowning:

Anyway - open for change if anyone has a problem here.

Food.
Barbeque sounds good to me - count me in on this one. Just hope the weather is good. If the weather sucks then a curry like last time would be the business. Either way its still food and you know my opinions on that… :smiley:

Power.
Mickey-C has got everything lined up to lay in a 3rd cable from the main board.
The main breaker will be uprated to 50A to cover the 3 runs ( 16A each )
This is three times the supply we had last time from that board - as everything ran through a single 16A trip. Power will not be an issue this time.

Network.
Slim will bring the Cisco Beast as usual, and i’ll leave the rigging to him on this.
There was an offer from Butuz last time of the loan of a 48 port gigaswitch, this needs to be followed up. If it is available then we will run EVERYTHING through it.
Failing that - then it’ll be rigged same as last time.
If anyone is bringing a lappy , we can lay on 54G wireless access too if required.

Comments / Flames / Declarations of war / Recipes for Butterscotch Tart below please.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sargeholio

I’ll probably be bringing the lappy and the shuttle, depending on a few bits and bobs. So wireless in the garden could be nice :cool:

I think your probably right on if its not broke dont fix it :lol:

DT.

Out of interest where is Mojo’s (for people who have forgotten!)

Shropshire, UK.

www.lowfieldinn.co.uk