Selling Car

I want to change my car (I want to go back to a mini…) and so need to sell mine on to fund.

I’ve currently got a 02 reg Ford Fiesta with about 40K miles on the clock. I believe it has a part service history (might actually be full as I missed a service that year - only had the MOT). I’ve got not long left on the MOT but have about 7 or 8 months tax.

Last year I had a new exhaust fitted and tyres. There’s a small dent on the back wing and a ting speck of rust on the bonnet.

What sort of figure could I expect? And what’s the best way of selling it? I’ve bot had to do this before!

Parkers gives me a ballpark figure of £1,300 (private crap) to £1,700 (private good).
Webuyanycar offered £1,265

Any ideas and advice for looking at new cars and the like?

TFW Towers and the wonderous Ebay descriptions …

DT.

I’ve come across this one and I like the look of it.
Link
though that looks like rust or corrosion under the paint under front lights…

yup, that has tinworm under the lights, PMM and TechnoKitty are the mini fans on here, ask them where else it’s likely to have gone if it’s gone there …

DT.

hang on a darn minute, I missed that - it’s been written off … TWICE

get your bargepole and walk the opposite direction

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;454381]hang on a darn minute, I missed that - it’s been written off … TWICE

get your bargepole and walk the opposite direction[/QUOTE]

Now you point it out, I can see it :eek: Read the small print Chris :rolleyes:

There’s a few I’m looking at on Auto Trader.
Though I may have to wait until I move and get my deposit back from my current flat as some of them are slightly more than I reckon I’ll get for the Festa.

MrTFWitts big guide to selling cars on ebay.

Seven day auction, be ready to hit the submit button at about 3pm on a SUNDAY, check TV schedules so it doesnt clash with any football nonsense on either Sunday.

When you list the car, enter the registration number so the advert is pre-filled with the model name, engine size etc.
This avoids it ending up as a Frod Festia or a Merdedes and being missed by searches.

Wash it and take some good photos, never a wonky camera phone and preferably in so nicely contrasting light.

A good hosing and some favourable lighting turned this

into this, so shiny you can barely see the gaffer-tape holding the rear wheel arch together.

Highlight any faults, “Patch of surface rust on the bonnet” and a photo.
Known faults cannot be haggled over when its collection time.

Full tank of fuel ? Mention it
Never been smoked in ? Some people pay extra for that
New floor mats ? Photo, they might have been in a few months but if you have replaced something get it in the advert.
Just valeted ? (by your mate for a fiver :wink: ) put it in the text.

You can also do an online check of your car history with http://www.mycarcheck.com/ for about a fiver and link to it from the advert.

Offer the chance to view before bidding and close the advert with “The price to pay will be the final bid price”