Seti Servers Down

No messages from Seti as yet to why. Been checking the messageboards and nothing there. Been a while now, and as my machines were due to do the “update” for the 2.4day cache today, I could be without units again.

Just as the Boyo’s come in range as well :sigh:

DT.

Well, it’s Monday morning and only 5am in the land of b0rkeley so I doubt they’d have noticed any potential problems yet… give it a few hours and they’ll have had a healthy dose of coffee and stumbled into the office :slight_smile:

I’m on the 6th cup of coffee and still stumbling round :eek:

The Dual that got fired up this morning could do with something to do though :smiley:

:stomp: :stomp:

DT.

This BOINC again?
Thats one of the reason’s why I’ve gone back to classic. I got new units for classic this morning using SETI spy and SETI driver.

Not sure if the CLI is uploading mind because I’m at college at I’ve checked my SETI classic account and there’s been no uloads since I left it this morning. I thsould have finished 1 WU by now!! Or does classic still wait for it to be validated?

There’s no valitation system on Seti classic :nono:

September 13, 2004
Sometime last night the scheduling server (which handles all workunit/result transfers) crashed. We’re looking into what exactly happened, but in the meantime it has been restarted and data is being sent/returned normally.

I’ve had a couple of the “primary” uploads complete, no new units spotted on any machines yet though. Guessing its being heavily overloaded again after an outage it always is :slight_smile:

:xfinger: got a couple of machines down to last unit already !! I’m not sure the caching is accurate, seems to be based on the benchmarks which are apparently flawed in Linux. All in the name of development :slight_smile:

DT.

Everything uploaded and new WUs on two machines. very hit and miss atm not every connection attempt succeeds.

I’ve taken BOINC off-line again and put SETI1 back on. Would someone please let me know when Borkeley have sorted it all out.

I managed to get one SETI WU, crunched it OK, but couldn’t send it back and when I finally got it back, there was a checksum error and the project reset itself!! :realmad:

I can’t get in touch with Pirates at all since joining, no server responding is all I get. Oh well :frowning:

The good news is that SETI Driver works brilliantly and hasn’t failed at all yet :yippee:

If I may, knowing the server configs to a point, increasing the shared memory size will permit the machines to ‘catch up’ faster. Perhaps a few emails to ‘Brockeley’ would get their attention… OOOPS, did I say that? :slight_smile:

*Preecey pats his 10 day cache :smiley:

September 13, 2004
Sometime last night the scheduling server (which handles all workunit/result transfers) crashed. We’re looking into what exactly happened, but in the meantime it has been restarted and data is being sent/returned normally.

i just get on two Host new WUs and Upload Download are working without probs.

Sir Ulli

A quick check this morning shows the LTSP farm cooking as normal, nothing done at all by me, it just does it :shrug:

Ah, this Boinc thing is quite cool really :smiley:

DT.