Show us your tools

Over the years I have bought many tools.
Some I even know how to use.

Some I have used only once, how often at 15:50 on a sunday do you need to cobble together a Toyota alternator mount using a Rover 420 Gsi Turbo bolt ?
I have a specially deep 3/8 drive socket that did the job so my sister could drive to work that evening.

My favourite tool at the moment is a Makita DF330D.
Its a small but reasonably powerful drill driver thingy with a tiny Li-Ion battery pack.
This battery lasts very well and it gets into spaces the big-guns cannot such as between 300mm joists or as I found today, inside a 300mm kitchen cabinet.

So whats your current favourite tool ?

Built PC’s, taken apart servers, put up shelves, and used it countless times on the bike :thumbsup:

I particularly like the star key bits, and the socket is the same size as the nuts on the back of the i/o shield :smiley:

I must resist this thread
I should resist this thread
I could resist this thread
I might resist this thread
I may resist this thread

[QUOTE=MrTFWitt;460332]My favourite tool at the moment is a Makita DF330D.
Its a small but reasonably powerful drill driver thingy with a tiny Li-Ion battery pack.
This battery lasts very well and it gets into spaces the big-guns cannot such as between 300mm joists or as I found today, inside a 300mm kitchen cabinet.

So whats your current favourite tool ?[/QUOTE]

Very nice :slight_smile: Yes, modern lithium ion battery tools are fantastic, compact and powerful…

Oh bu99er it …
Your Makita DF330D - My Bosch Pro Blue range similar drill and up one impact driver and LED torch :rofl:

The manuals are bigger than the tools. You will note the avidly read, well thumbed 217 page torch manual :rolleyes: - You can’t be to careful :chuckle:

This is my new favourite helping hand tool, Milwaukee M18 ONEFHIWF12, there is a memorable product name

It has four settings

Motivate
Threaten
GerrofYouBasad
-SNAP-

But it is just one of the three stooges - Meet Irwin

And the special sauce needs a mention too

Stuff now comes undone, and when it doesn’t I also have a Helicoil set!

just reminds me of why you should go to a tool shop and not buy things online …

Jack Snr and Jack Jnr!

Jack Snr did a good job today of getting the Jag onto stands so I could see if the GM400 transmission pan could be convinced to keep the fluid inside the trans …

Google “trans big tool” and some other variants and I bet you get the nanny state blocking your internet :smiley:

here’s the excited large tool fully extended to show the difference a few inches can make

I have an almost identical 2 tonne, mine came with wheel nut sockets on the side and the end of the pump handle is a socket drive

On mine the socket drive pokes out of the top of the pump handle which is keyed to only fit one way.
This has always annoyed me because it has come very close to clattering bodywork a few times.

So a penny dropped and I thought, maybe the socket drive is supposed to pull out of the handle for use ?

I drag it out and no, the chrome bit is held in place with a screw.
OK at least I can detach it from the pump handle completely, but even better than that I can spin the 1/2in drive 180 degrees in the handle and it will now point downwards as the screw hole goes all the way through.

Then another penny drops, it has been assembled wrong for all the years I have owned it.
Some bloke in China is still chuckling at his jolly jape.

Anyone sitting on small pile of cash and needing some tools ?

RRP: £13894.80 53" PRO Monster TT Tool Kit 1185 Pieces Red | TengTools

Currently on £2600 Tengtool box code CMONSTER-02, mobile 9 drawer toolbox with a 10 drawer top box toolbox, includin

The sad thing is this is the last bones of the Honda Motorsport team assets.
They have pulled down the shutters and chucked everything to Auction.

But if you want tools that have only worked on clean cars in the hands of mechanics that know what they are doing these could be a very wise purchase.

Or just buy a ready built racing car
Catalogue

:drooling_face:

hubba hubba

I don’t have a shed big enough for that :frowning:

Now at £3,100

I make myself feel better about not bidding by looking at the auction fees

Additional Fees:
Commissions*:|18.00% ex.VAT/sales tax
VAT/sales tax on hammer:20.00%

so 41.6% on top of the current £3,100.

Can anyone think of a way to spin this as an IT service engineers “Racking assembly tool kit” ?

# Step 2: Add your Card and Phone number to your BidSpotter Account so you can Bid

Back to the topic of Tools I actually own, this was collected last night but has yet to move itself down to the garage.

Any guesses what it is ?
(Apart from the tidiest thing in that corner)

https://flic.kr/p/2mt9Xn9

clearly a green box with sucky thingymabob

It has V8 parts in its design…

Only 1Bhp, enough for the task at hand!

Doesnt look explosion proof, so puzzled why you have it…
Is it a fart extractor ?

Sarge.

*clears away Cobwebs and dust *

I don’t know what magical version of Li-Ion Makita used for this drill but it is still working on the ORIGINAL and often neglected battery pack.
The Bigger 18v Makita Li-Ion batteries have all given up, but this one is still plodding on.