Slipping

Depends on which part of Aus you’re from… I’m south east, so we usually get down to -5C on a cold winter night to +45C on a warm summer’s day. :slight_smile: Winter days around here usually hover around 10C.

Further up the east coast it’s more mild all year round, towards the top it usually stays close to 25 to 35C all year round.

IIRC min CPU is a P2/400, memory will be OS dependent as most units fall in the 4-64MiB band. As with everything else, there are exceptions, but the client reports your memory size back to Stanford and in theory you shouldn’t get anything your system isn’t capable of in that respect.

Yeah… I didn’t think it got too cold. At the coldest we can see -45C as well, plus somthing they call the “wind chill” which can give much uglier numbers… in the summer, with the humidity, it can get equally as hot. The only part of Canada that stays decent all year is British Columbia, where it will stay above freezing for 95% of the winter.

Production has dropped quite a bit in the past week with folding. For the beefy race we are looking at 52 days to reach 90th and beefy will get there 20 days earlier. If we are going to do somthing to win this, we had better do it fast.

The latest numbers :

TPR 7,267,772
Beef 7,292,562

Difference of 24,790 points with them gaining +/- 2700 points per day.

Any ideas? better yet… solutions :slight_smile:

Well Mrs Rica received the electrickery bill over the weekend and the edict was that the PCs have to be switched off. I have not yet got round to implementing this and will defer as long as possible but it is inevitable my output will fall.

Wheres that emoticon… :bondage:

:slight_smile:

no work around here either for my problem :frowning: cant get the units to be sent from the machines once theyve completed :frowning: so my farm is teh dead :frowning:

are you sure that is not just a server down at Stanford ? There was a hint of one falling down yesteryday, couple of my machine logs showed a few retries were needed.

DT.

Post some log and i’ll take a look.

Sorry…No can do on 24/7 :frowning:

I can manage a bit more than 12 hours a day at the minute…crunching timeless tinker’s ATM so I can at least have a queue…

working hard to get me back up - p4-2.8HT yesterday, 12hours a day machine.

Today = the P4-3.0Ghz I’ve sold has just finished Fedora Core 5 install and config, seems to be two processes taking up the CPU time :devil: (yes I have permission)

Just about to go deploy it, and I know there are two other machines where I am going to :devil: Going to offer a FREE computer cleanup to members of the church this weekend for those who will allow installation of Folding (no deadline units). Goes in the Church newsletter this Friday as well as a member of the congregation is in the middle of chemo treatment.

DT.

DT.

For some reason, your calling on the congregation to fold reminds me of the above

Good idea! Cheers!