Smoke Stains

So I managed to nab a nice little Chromebook the other night… goes well with every other piece of kit I have that runs with the little green man.

Only issue is the thing stinks of smoke and looks an off white(ish) colour… Any ideas on the best method to remove this horrendus colour and smell?

I have tried

white vinegar
Bicarb
Foamclean

I wanted to isopropanol but I cannot for the life of me find mine :frowning:

:tiphat:

retrobright?

More than happy to try anything.

Thanks for the heads up and I will give it a go :slight_smile:

Im sat using the laptop and it stinks lol im hoping at least the smell will wear off :confused:

Is it a Dell Chromebook? If so there was an issue with the plastic the unit’s palmrest was made of and Dell have replaced them to some customer’s that I know of. Might be worth giving them a ring if it is.

[QUOTE=placidsheep;467211]So I managed to nab a nice little Chromebook the other night… goes well with every other piece of kit I have that runs with the little green man.

Only issue is the thing stinks of smoke and looks an off white(ish) colour… Any ideas on the best method to remove this horrendus colour and smell?

I have tried

white vinegar
Bicarb
Foamclean

I wanted to isopropanol but I cannot for the life of me find mine :frowning:

:tiphat:[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about putting it through the washing machine??? :worm:

Coffee grounds in a bag will get the smell out. Put in Large Bag and seal it up for a few days.

The discoloring is easy just a good strong soap will remove most. I use a product called aewsome http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=awesome+spray&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3527347858&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8quml3298s_b I get it at local dollar stores. I have used on everything in my camper and to clean up clients stuff. I had a client that well smoked like tomorrow would never come…took a whole bottle to clean up everything…was a YUCK of a mess!

A mild abrasive should remove stains, T-Cut if you are brave but might strip the paint completely, maybe even toothpaste, I’ve used toothpaste to clean up dis-coloured plastic headlight lenses but it might be tricky to keep it out of the cracks on a netbook and hey Minty-Fresh to boot!

Perhaps Gumtree it and put the money towards a clean one, there are still plenty of smokers out there not bothered by a faint whiff of Benson&Hedges

Oh, Happy-Birthday Sheepy!

And Happy Birthday from me too!!!