SMP Troubles?

I would appear to be having some troubles with my SMP client.

Now as my current rig stands im running a 2500k, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 with 4GB of Sector 5 Patriot.

WUs on SMP seem to be taking a very long time. For a 2M client its taking well into 48hrs just to complete. My GPU client is running faster than ever, using just 2% of my CPU. The SMP is pretty much online 24/7 i only turn it off for gaming and thats an hour or so every 2-3 days. Well put it this way, my pentium D ubuntu server is beating the SB on WUs :sigh:

I though this was just because it didnt have hyperthreading, but Mortlake would suggest otherwise.

This is the current WU from my SMP client

this is my config (have removed the smp password)

[settings]
username=iGoD_ReLeNtLeS
team=315
passkey=
asknet=no
machineid=1
extra_parms=-smp
local=10

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
priority=96
cpuusage=90
disableassembly=no
ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
battery=no

[clienttype]
type=3

why no passkey?

also I’d add “-verbosity 9” to give you the chance of seeing more info.

DT.

As DT says why no passkey ?? this is essential to get the bonus points awarded for fast turn around - e.g. the project that you are crunching now has a points tariff of 921 points without bonus, but both of my Q6600 are doing these as well, and with bonus the points tariff is projected to be over 4k nearly 5x as much, so even at a rate of 22 minute steps you should get about 2.5k for that WU. - but remember that it takes 10 completed A3 WUs with the passkey to qualify. you will be surprised at how much difference the overclocking will make to your scores once the bonus kicks in.( the faster you return the WU the bigger the bonus - whilst waiting for bigadv WUs my i7 970 occasionally does these and collects about 20K)

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;458265]why no passkey?

also I’d add “-verbosity 9” to give you the chance of seeing more info.

DT.[/QUOTE]

i have one, i just removed it when posting, wasnt sure if it was important/could be used by anyone else.

Added -verbosity 9 to the extra_params.

this was echoed into the cmd

'mpiexec' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

which i believe is related to the smp client for linux?

Well i’ve just reinstalled and its still appearing, but got a 250k WU and it would appear to be running about 2-3m/step. Not sure if its fixed will leave it overnight see if i get a bigger WU. Have chosen to accept scientific cores and big WUs this time around.

mpiexec was used for SMP several generations past - no longer used or required, but I think there are problems if the mpiexec version wasn’t uninstalled correctly - you should be using the V6.30 beta client now, and following the install guide recommendations.