SQL & IIS

yeh yeh yeh I’m still trying,

On a domain, 2 VM servers,

I want to use asp dotnet to look to tables in a database on the sql, easy? no, Ii can’t seem to get the permisions right, I know I need to seat AN account on the IIS with rights over the SQL, but which one, all I get is 'Login failed for user ‘NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON’. ’

anyone able to help?

Well SA is set with default typically of no password. IIS may not be seeing the port open on the box…if the login fails I would think it is hanging because port to the SQL and IIS is not open…check that first. Can you login to SQL locally ok?

yes, can login localy and remotly from the machine with the web developer software on it, i’ve not looked at it for a few days now I’m going to have a good long look tomorow see what I can work out,

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security/2004-06/0709.html

This sounds something that may help you sort your issue out…Hope it helps!

I know this is of little help, but we had the exact same issue at work - I can’t remember how wew solved it and I haven’t been at work for six months so I’m a little rusty!

If you have no joy by Monday, let me know and I’ll email my line manager and see if he remembers :slight_smile: