Swiftech MCX462+T (TEC cooling on air)

With a mb temp of 32°C I would guess you need to increase the airflow in your box.

:confused: the side is off, and the basement is cool, plus i have 5 fans, 3 out, 2 in.

one thing i know i need to do is clean up all the wires that are just going everywhere inside my case.

but seriously, will that really do anything for it? i was expecting at least 2.4 if not more and a stable 200 fsb. would getting some xms3200 or 3500 increase those chances(assuming they would).

Taking the side off makes only sense if the airflow in the case is very poor or you use a room fan right beside it for blowing additional air into the case ( (had to do it myself during a few hot days last summer). Opening the case means the air blowing in will spread half part back into the room. Same goes for the fans sucking the hot air out

Taking your 5 fans are the same type, your are trying to suck nearly double amount of air out (3*fan + PSU) than you blow in; 3 * in and 2 * out (+ PSU) would balance it better.
Rule of thumb: Same or a little bit more air in than out.
Figure out how your airflow goes; move cables out of the way or use them to direkt the air to the places in need for cooling (CPU, Northbridge, RAM, graphic card).

With lots of air going through your case, it’s allthough collecting a nice amount of dust. Regular cleaning of HS and fans is needed or the collected dust will reduce your airflow soon again.

I don’t have that motherboard, but here’s what I’d suggest.

What voltage are you pushing into your Corsair XMS? For 200MHz FSB, I’d try 3.0v. Also drop your CPU multiplier down to 11x.

Do that, and then see how you make out with SuperPi. If you can get SuperPi to run, then try PiFast, then Prime95 for at least 30 minutes. If you can get through those, try to up your multiplier to 11.5x and re-test at that setting.

If 11x doesn’t work with 3.0v, try 3.1v.

If that doesn’t work, then I dunno. :confused: You may have another component holding you back.

Keep us posted.

and i dont know what happened to my pelt but im getting 50-55 on 1.8v. i think the damn thing broke but i dont know how, a couple days ago i did shock the crap out of my self touching the meanwell power supply’s open circuits. that was funny.

my board only goes to vc 1.85, ddr 2.8, agp 1.8. what im planning on doing is getting, for one water cooling setup and get rid of this pelt and two do a volt mod on this board so i can get more voltage out of it.

but im pissed cause of this pelt. i spent $240 on a device that works at 1% better than my coolermaster hhc-001…

I don’t think you’ll ever get to a 200MHz FSB with just 2.8v using Corsair XMS3000 memory. And your Vcore limit of 1.85v will more than like stop you from getting too much further than 2.4GHz at best(unless you have an uber-chip).

What kind of fan are you using on the air-TEC? Swiftech recommends at least an 80cfm fan.

its the vantec tornado 84 cfm fan. the pins dont get hot at all but the plate that they attach to gets around 50c.

i striped one of the screws tightening it too much on the mobo, so i now i only have 3 screws holding it. :mad: it is still pretty tight, but my temps are still insanely high.

That missing screw could have something to do with your high temps but I dunno. :confused: Seems like your temps are a bit high…

I don’t have my 2400+ under the air-TEC right now, but let me stop ducting outside air to it on this XP1700+ and see what the temps do… Are your temps under load or idle?

I’ll be back…

Originally posted by Wallis
Any news on a P4 version ??

Well it took a few months, but a P4 version is finally available…
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCX4000-T.asp