Thinking of buying a bar

On a more serious note, do they have Ambrosia out there?

[QUOTE=SPEEDYJ;408846]Very true, I hear so many people saying “what if” or “I should have…”

I absolutely think you should give it a go, you are not stupid and have looked into things.

Live your life moving forwards all the time if possible, opportunity is there but so many people seem to fear it.

I hope it works out for you m8 :)[/QUOTE]

Well, waiting to hear from the GF about one bar that is for sale… it is available as a going concern and needs no work done on it. If that falls through there is a second bar she has been looking at but it does need a little work done on the living quarters, like fitting aircon and a shower.

Haven’t actually gone looking for Ambrosia… but some of the english eateries have puddings with custard on the menu… Will have to check out the bigger supermarkets to check if they stock the stuff

Just back from The Fiends bar - I can recommend it! lol

[QUOTE=Walter O’Reilly;408869]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95geR0sekms&feature=related

Just back from The Fiends bar - I can recommend it! lol[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

Negotiations have been ongoing … the GF has done a deal for us on a bar. The price we are paying… £11K

The owner is selling because of some upcoming hospital bills… his liver is shot to pieces due to alcohol abuse.

And if the venture fails… well, we will have a buyer waiting next door as they were also after it to extend their bar…

Needs a little bit of work to the living accomadation… aircon for starters… the GF has already had a quote of £350 to supply and fit.

Walter… you can have a drink on me if you come to visit :slight_smile:

if your bar is like that you cant fail to make a million, and provide flights for the team for the next “mojo’s” although we will have to call it “fiend’s”

If you have a bar like that, im going to need more than one drink! :slight_smile:

I’ll post some pics when I go to see it in 4 weeks time.

If it is the bar I think it is I might just have to start collecting some Rowan Atkinson memorabilia to decorate it… :Plot:

Good luck with it Fiend, I do hope it goes well :slight_smile:

The deal is on!!!

The bar is called “Mr Beans”… so I am acquiring some Mr Bean memorabilia off ebay to decorate the walls.

As I have said before… I ain’t giving up working to run the bar… not yet anyway. I am planning on spending at least 12 weeks out there this year. Have already got 2 trips booked, the second of which is 5 weeks in June and July.

I don’t intend on failing, but if it does go wrong the bar next door will take it off my hands.

Good luck Fiend :thumbsup:

Consider your profits guaranteed for June :wink: lol

What street area is it on?

[QUOTE=Walter O’Reilly;408923]Consider your profits guaranteed for June :wink: lol

What street area is it on?[/QUOTE]

You’ll be most welcome Walter!!! I am sure you’ll be well looked after :slight_smile:

It is in a complex called New Plaza, which is situated on 2nd Road in Pattaya. It is fairly central location and situated within the area popular with both tourists and expats.

Been talking with the GF this morning about it… and she wants it to succeed as much as I do. She is also going to sell her shop so she can devote all her energy to running the bar.

I have found a way of phoning Thailand from my mobile that only costs me 1p per minute. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=TheFiend(TPR);408921]The deal is on!!!

The bar is called “Mr Beans”… so I am acquiring some Mr Bean memorabilia off ebay to decorate the walls.

As I have said before… I ain’t giving up working to run the bar… not yet anyway. I am planning on spending at least 12 weeks out there this year. Have already got 2 trips booked, the second of which is 5 weeks in June and July.

I don’t intend on failing, but if it does go wrong the bar next door will take it off my hands.[/QUOTE]

If you want something authentic from Mr Bean, PM me a suitable begging letter and I’ll drop it through his letterbox. You never know.

That phone bill can be the killer. I’ve racked up over £500 on a 3 week period before now!

OUCH!!!

There are ways and means to get cheap calls. I get a 500 minute credit for £5 that allows me to phone the GFfrom my mobile at 1p a minute … So far it has lasted 2 months and I still have 4 hours of credit left :slight_smile:

Mind you texting her costs me a fortune!!!

That’s why it’s good to talk!! :chuckle:

Is Rowan a neighbour of yours :slight_smile:

Saw him live on stage shortly many years ago… was brilliant!!!

As a kid he was a pupil at a boarding school about 15 miles away from where I live.

Wonder what he would think a bar named after his most famous character?

Damn!!! Looks like the deal has fallen through. The GF went to pay a deposit this morning and he suddenly decided he wanted more for the bar, after previously agreeing on a price.

Luckily,it wasn’t the only bar the GF has been looking at And there is another one on the market, in the same complex, which doesn’t require any work doing to the living accomodation. The GF prefers this one, so she is trying to agree a deal on it.

Think the name will have to be changed though, as my name isn’t “BOB”

You could always change your name!!!:smiley: Or just tell people that for some strange reason all your mates call you BOB so that’s why the bar has that name.

… and the name BOB slaps thigh still has a Rowan Atkinson connection :smiley: