Those Knights want to play!

I’ll take off the steel toed boots; we all know how easy bananas bruise. :smiley:

My Nvidia cards are busy crunching GPUGRID where they are most efficient, CPU resources currently on FiND@home so only AMD GPU processing power is on POEM, so can’t really put up a fight against PMM, and can’t really crunch much harder. :whiteflag:

Well, Heidi, i’ve reactivated the GPU on my A10-6800K to add to the effort can do about 2 GPU WU a day to add to the team effort… that should put my POEM RAC at about 300K per day… Happier?

And despite the taunt I don’t think KWSN are taking our threat seriously yet… as it stands it will take more than a year to get anywhere near them…

Just a ickle weekend trickle but its broken itself :frowning: It is no longer crunching on 2 Gpu’s it only running on 1 :frowning: despite seeing and logging 2 GPU’s exist grrrrr

Have you set up a cc_config.xml file?

The following statement tell BOINC to use all the GPUs

<cc_config> <options> <use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus> </options> </cc_config>

[QUOTE=TheFiend;467068]Well, Heidi, i’ve reactivated the GPU on my A10-6800K to add to the effort can do about 2 GPU WU a day to add to the team effort… that should put my POEM RAC at about 300K per day… Happier?

And despite the taunt I don’t think KWSN are taking our threat seriously yet… as it stands it will take more than a year to get anywhere near them…[/QUOTE]

They don’t seem to as active on the forums either, but is ok. . . at least we have some folks talking and crunching!

Out of here for a couple of more days at the most,

[QUOTE=TheFiend;467083]Have you set up a cc_config.xml file?

The following statement tell BOINC to use all the GPUs

<cc_config> <options> <use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus> </options> </cc_config>[/QUOTE]

I did yes but seems to not care about it. bizzare.

Had a similar problem on my win 10 system - everything was fine until a system update, when the GPU stopped working, for reasons I won’t go into, I was not using the primary pcie slot, swapped in a spare GPU into the primary slot and all was well again including the offending card.

so it would appear I’m paying for someone electric for credits hey blueish4 …

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;467106]so it would appear I’m paying for someone electric for credits hey blueish4 …[/QUOTE] :lol::lol::lol:

ah well, he went from 4 to 8 core the other night, needed to burn in the system :slight_smile:

I wonder if I’ll make it to the number two spot before I shut up shop again, just a couple more days until I’ve done a month to support the cause, other more pressing needs are calling upon my financial resources, but I’ll keep an eye open and lend a hand from time to time if I can, hopefully I will always have a reasonably capable rig at my disposal.:slight_smile:

I doubt it, but then I’ve got the windows 10 thing now with no usable GPU being detected

I had the same problem, the GPU stopped working after a version change, I had a large card in the secondary slot because of space constraints, putting a physically smaller card in the primary Pcie slot cured the problem.

getting close …

Not going to make it now, both my Q6600 systems ( HTPC and test rig) are empty now and I am just waiting for my main hex core rig to use up all the WUs. Only seems to be a few weeks ago that I was contemplating buying a pair of Xeons from Mackerel so that I could go dually, I went 64 bit in the end, and multi processor environments have come a long way since.

How long ago were the Xeons? What did I do with them?

I can’t remember much about them now, other than I think they were 2.4 GHz overclockable to 3.2 GHz with a pin mod. Just like the old BP6 with dual Celerons if anyone remembers those. Then multi-core came along and blew all that out of the water.

I remember the days when I used to look in awe at the stats that some of our retired members used to generate… guys like Mojo, MAOJC and www.dougaldesign.co.uk.

And now look I sit at the top of the stats with 37.1% of the team total with hardware that’s nowt special, even my GPU’s are couple of generations old.

Don’t worry… I’ll keep on going til I retire… so that another 7 years to go.

I think back to the 18 machines I used to run in the loft for folding on diskless and then cry when my 3gen old gpu produces that much for a fraction on the leccy bill

It was and is all fun, despite PMM about to roller me