Tiberium Alliance - missing the team spirit....

I see a wolram next door to me. If no one objects I’ll create a temporary TPR alliance so I can complete that mission (if I can figure out what it doesn’t like about the name variations I’m trying… everything taken?). :smiley: We can move around later…

As for MCVs, how much? I know, it’ll seem like a lot when starting.

Edit: gave up creating a TPR one. Just made and disbanded another just to finish that mission :smiley:

I was having problems with name creation too, we’ll figure it eventually :wink:

also getting 100% cpu useage in the game … you the same ?

12%, which is one virtual core here. You’re not on a single core CPU are you? :stuck_out_tongue:

yep, single core

I see a sheep joined the party…

well that’s 4 of us … 5 including Michael

have we declared war on anyone yet ? :lol:

I had a look at it earlier, might sign up later on and get some form of production going that I can look forward to spending on return from hols :slight_smile:

I keep stalling through lack of ‘attack points’ :sigh:

Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the buildings (and upgrades) that benefited me more, instead of blindly rushing through whichever mission came up next on the tutorial thing :smiley:

oh, and I did waste a few attacks (and valuable points) by failing to notice that destroying the Command Center (I think ? ) in a camp would instantly destroy the camp and give me the full resource haul :dunce:

I could have done most of them in one attack instead of two :furious:

edit - the command points (for attacking) are a fixed hourly rate, but I maybe should have built more than one Refinery in order to increase the Credits per hour ?

Best get the mistakes out of the way now, and not later in the game :slight_smile: Still refining how things work… the limited attack (or other action) points is typical on online games of this type so normal people have some chance against those who sit at the computer 24/7.

Anyone want to create an alliance then and start formalising things?

I did create Team Phoenix Rising (TPR) and then disband it … for the alliance bonus thing. I guess I could do it again if needed ?

oh Mackerel, that mission about attacking another player … I was wondering if we attacked each other using the smallest attack unit we had (so we didn’t completely destroy anything), would just the one attack give us the mission as done ? bugger - forgot we can’t attack for a week, we should be able to kick someones arse by then :wink:

Tried creating Team Phoenix Rising (TPR) but it’s telling me the name or tag is already in use … but I couldn’t find either in a search ?

You destroy the whole base if you destroy the construction yard. Attacking and destroying the defence facility (not hq) in a Forgotten base means they can’t rebuild their defence making it easier for a follow up attack. Ordinary players can rebuild defence at the end of the countdown timer

You only gain research points through attacking, not harvesting. The bigger the defender the more research points you gain if you succeed in destroying them, so best to plan who you’re gonna attack. Keep attacking weak defenders and you waste attack points for little gain in research points. You have to weigh up attacks to give you the best advantage against what it will cost you to repair. You have a hold on an attacked base for a period of time after you’ve hit them, but after that someone else can have a go at it, meaning you lose the attack points AND the research points too :(. Once again planning is crucial.

Another tip for harvesting, concerns silos. If you place a silo in the middle of 3 crystal/tiberium fields, you gain more res/hour. To see this, click on the move button and move a silo away from the fields, look at top bar above the window and it will show the gain or loss of production/hour for the res. It basically works on the principle that the further away a silo is, the longer it takes to transport the goods. It works the same for accumulator and power plants. I have mine in a circle around the accumulator.

To help with defence your best plan is to place your construction yard and defence facility at the top of the screen ideally above the tiberium and crystal fields and plan your other buildings in a downward line from these to the bottom of the screen. In the event of an attack the enemy will have to destroy the other buildings first, wasting ammo and giving you a chance of making them waste attack points. Certain special buildings (barracks, airfield, factory, etc) are an exception to this in that they cannot be placed next to each other so you have to space them out in the downward line.

Upgrading buildings/harvesters has the dual benefit of giving you more goodies, but also giving you better defence against attacks (makes 'em well 'ard :D), so this is important.

Hope these tips help and if you any other issues, let me know.

[QUOTE=wolram;464475]I keep stalling through lack of ‘attack points’ :sigh:

Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the buildings (and upgrades) that benefited me more, instead of blindly rushing through whichever mission came up next on the tutorial thing :smiley:

oh, and I did waste a few attacks (and valuable points) by failing to notice that destroying the Command Center (I think ? ) in a camp would instantly destroy the camp and give me the full resource haul :dunce:

I could have done most of them in one attack instead of two :furious:

edit - the command points (for attacking) are a fixed hourly rate, but I maybe should have built more than one Refinery in order to increase the Credits per hour ?[/QUOTE]

A quick jpg of my main base showing the layout

We can attack each other, but then we open up ourselves for other attacks too. I’ll try to build up as far as possible before the timer expires before I try that.

[QUOTE=Droid;464479]A quick jpg of my main base showing the layout

[/QUOTE]

it looks as though you moved the fields around too, can you do that ? heck, I have some moving to do :lol:

You can’t move the fields around, only the harvesters sat on them. It’s a way of harvesting more of a certain goodie if you’re getting short. You can sell harvesters and any other building if you want. The good thing about that is you get back a proportion of the res you spent upgrading them just in case you run short after an attack or if you want an urgent upgrade.

I’ve already sold a couple of things I realised I didn’t yet need, like that skylark thingy for defense. I’ve also had a good re-shuffle of many buildings and I’m starting to get an idea of the bonuses that can be had by ‘joining’ types of building.
My Credits are soaring now and I have more power than the national grid.
My problem is I keep using the Tiberium, but by the time I finish work at 2pm tomorrow I should have enough for another level or two :slight_smile:

edit - I’ve created an alliance: Team_Phoenix_Rising and the abbreviation is TPR_

it would only accept it with underscores, so I’m wondering if the one I formed and disbanded as part of a ‘mission’ is still kicking around in the server for 7 days ? we can change the name after 7 days, so hopefully can get the normal one back :wink:

I’ve sent an invitation to Droid & mackerel, but didn’t know which names you other rogues were using :stuck_out_tongue:

placidsheep ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Invite sent :smiley:

Hmmmmm.

I’ll have a look at this as well.
Bored with EUII

You’re welcome to come on in and join us TFW