Tiberium Alliance - missing the team spirit....

Been playing this on Chrome for quite a while now and really getting into it. The only down side is the lack of team involvement. I’m currently with a team called TheArmy, but a lot of them aren’t online that frequently and as we’re in a war with an alliance called TheJokers, there needs to be some commitment like we used to have when at war in Ogame, like chasing someone around systems and finally trashing them (good times with Judge :D)

I wish some TPR members were there to provide an assist when taking someone on. I had to fight 3 members of the Jokers on my own and had no-one to counter attack them when I needed it, eventually leading to my base being trashed and I had to relocate.

Now that SP2 is becoming lame, I was wondering if anyone wanted a new challenge and was willing to come and play. :chuckle:

Let me know, as I could use the help.

well … I may be interested, not doing much else online currently.

so, any general clues as to what happens after signing up, where to find you (and others), can alliance members share researched items and/or send each other goodies ?

The basic principle is the same as the C&C game, in that you create a base, harvest tiberium and crystal to build more structures, including power stations to create power, silos to store tiberium and crystal and accumulators to store power. You then create factories, barracks and airfields allowing you to create vehicles, troops and planes for attack and defence. To obtain upgraded vehicles, troops, planes you have to carry out research, which needs cash and research points, which can only be gained by attacking, ensuring that you cannot sit back and wait for cash to come to carry out research. It gets you fighting quickly. When you initially sign up there are advice and tips help bubbles to help you understand what you need to do next.

You can’t trade goods with other team members, so in that regard you fly solo. The team element comes in grouping close to other alliance members so that you can launch co-ordinated attacks against enemy alliance members. You can extend support to other team members if you have certain facilities built (a bit like extending your shields), providing artillery support and ack-ack support, etc.

When you attack them you rob resources from them if victorious. You can’t totally destroy them, but you can kill their base allowing you to take over its position on the map so that they have to retreat to another location. You can also manually move your base about so that you can follow others around the map. There are loads of bases run by a cpu controlled enemy called the Forgotten. You can attack them to start getting additional resources to help you build up your own base without fear of retaliation. Some of them also have supply crates which contain mystery bundles of goodies like tiberium, crystal, power and cash, all of which will become necessary.

You have a limited number of attacks you can do at a time, to make sure no-one can continually trash someone and you have to take time out to recoup your attack points. Like all these browser games you can spend real cash to buy extra goodies to shorten build periods, that sort of thing, if you want. The strategy is quite complex in that you have to weigh up carrying out attacks being feasible with the possiblility of running out crystal to repair your vehicles and not leaving enough to repair your base in the event of a counter attack. You can watch replays of yours and other team members attacks to see what worked and what failed. It improves your base and defence building and placement strategy.

There’s much more to it than this but it will you a basic idea of what’s involved There is an in-game e-mail system and when you are in an alliance a separate alliance only forum so you can discuss attacks strategy and tips. Interested?

How is it time wise? As in, does it reward those who sit there 24/7? Or is it still viable if you log in say just evenings?

I log in evenings only during the week and a little more at weekends. You can create more than 1 base and in times of trouble transfer resources between your own bases, so just in case I get attacked I can transfer crystal over and repair defenses in case a follow up attack comes. Just been watching some team members get trashed cause they’re not on line. Three alliance bases destroyed out of 6 in the area. If they were on line they could have sent at least 3 attacks each and trashed the attackers two bases, but they’ve not been on line for twelve hours some of them. I’m too far to relocate my base as I’ve been attacking a different group of the Jokers and can’t move one of my bases, close enough and in time.

Because of the attack restraints you cannot continually attack all day as you run out of attack points. That’s part of the strategy as you have to plan what you are going to hit and then get support if required to assist if you want to trash someone (they attack after you’ve attacked).

It sounds a little more interesting (as in involved planning & tactics) than Ogame and SP and it seems to have a feel of EU2 about it, which IMO was a more challenging game.

I’m curious enough to have a dabble in it Droid, so which world are you in and can you give us a rough idea of where … no point plonking my base in the middle of the enemy :lol:

Could we generate enough interest here to make a TPR alliance viable ?

Michael already plays, has done for some time but I don’t know to what level.

I’ll point him this way :smiley:

my god, if he’s anything like his old man anything within reach of his bases will be completely destroyed :lol:

I’m in World 27 Europe. Bases TPRDroid 1, co-ords 164,594 and TPRDroid2, co-ords 166,595 so that’s where the trouble is. When you sign on, the system places you somewhere safe so you should be OK in the short term.

[QUOTE=wolram;464453]It sounds a little more interesting (as in involved planning & tactics) than Ogame and SP and it seems to have a feel of EU2 about it, which IMO was a more challenging game.

I’m curious enough to have a dabble in it Droid, so which world are you in and can you give us a rough idea of where … no point plonking my base in the middle of the enemy :lol:

Could we generate enough interest here to make a TPR alliance viable ?[/QUOTE]

Your welcome to play too DT if you fancy another distraction :smiley:

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;464454]Michael already plays, has done for some time but I don’t know to what level.

I’ll point him this way :D[/QUOTE]

he popped in the thread and when I asked he said it would take nearly two months to get anywhere close to your coords, he’s in the 9th ranked alliance apparently.

I’m in, as smokedmackerel. Hardest part was finding an unused name… :smiley:

Getting used to how things work now…

I’ll be in shortly … just listening to the Luton match :wink:

Welcome aboard guys :). I’ll drop back from where I am as soon as I can. Even if I can’t send you goods, I can soften up targets near you, so you can finish them off and grab the goods.

Shouldn’t take that long for a man of your talents DT :smiley:

I’m in as TPR_Wolram

no idea where I am yet though :confused:

aah 951;261

wherever that is

:lol:

I assume at some point I can start extra bases and move out? Until then just following the tutorial and waiting for stuff to gather…

Like in the C&C game, to get another base you need an MCV (mobile construction vehicle). If you look under research-special tab you’ll see the MCV. Quite expensive and obviously to get research points, you need to attack a lot. The harder the target, the more attack points you will gain, so weigh up each attack to get you the best reward.

When you’ve researched you’re 1st MCV, place your base and then start building again. You can swap goodies between your bases which will help you grow, but keep enough goodies back to help repair after attacks.

If you look on the top right of bthe window, you’ll see a button called WORLD. Click on that and you’ll see a dot, which is your position in the world, obviously :D. The aim is to head toward the centre of the world where it starts to get tough. That’s why I say I can drop back to you it will make life easier for me and allow myself a chance to upgrade buildings and vehicles as well. War is Hell!! :chuckle:

[QUOTE=wolram;464463]I’m in as TPR_Wolram

no idea where I am yet though :confused:

aah 951;261

wherever that is

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Got it :slight_smile:

if you view the world as 360 degrees, I’m at about 120 and 4mm in from the outer rim

crikey, blind as a bat, just noticed Mackerel directly below me

that’s a spot of luck :smiley: