TPR Weekly Genome news 3rd Feb 2003

TPR Weekly Genome news

Welcome to the new look news, hopefully I should be able to keep this up on a weekly basis on a Sunday/Monday, but time will tell.

News

TPR are gearing up for a double team stomp to take us well into the top 20 teams in the world!!! So everybody set their beer glasses to ‘chink’ mode.

The 2 worthy opponents are Blue Genes and Speedguide, now only a few thousand units away, so one last push should see us right over the top and into 19th position overall in Genome stakes.

Recently we’ve also seen ‘the clash of the varlets’ Bibby and Monkeymia. A lot of Amino Acid crunching and barb throwing involved, currently Monkeymia seems to be winning this battle, but who knows what Bibby has up his sleeve? Yours truly is also slipping in the effort to keep Gandelf and his pesky mutt under control, however new kit arrives Wednesday :sneaky: probably not enough to turn the tide, but I don’t want him to lose sight (or fear) of me in his rear view mirror.

Top 5 weekly producers

Gandelf		2454.22
Bibby		2161.15
Monkeymia	2108.79
Ciipher		2074.41
Ciccio		1258.18

Worthy mentions

Monkeymia 10,000 units

Thwacking of the week

KefKef wins our inaugural ‘Thwacking of the week’ award for wiping 2.5k units worth of genes of his computer in a fit of rage due to an obstructive video card.

:smackbum: KefKef :smackbum:

Stomps

Ciccio stomps TPR_Mojo
Bibby stomps Woof and Scoobie

Girlie

Comments and thoughts on improvements appreciated.

:thumbsup: Cracking effort ! Mucho impressed only thing I’d comment on is - you’ve mentioned the team stomps but no figures for either?

:sneaky: 5.6Ghz is in da post on its way to me…tommorow’s delivery :wink:

Gandelf

Originally posted by Gandelf
:sneaky: 5.6Ghz is in da post on its way to me…tommorow’s delivery :wink:

Damn, mine’s only 3 Ghz and 160Gb.

Looks like the mutt has well and truely burst his leash :wink:

Nice work fella! :stuck_out_tongue:

Short and sweet, just how I like my women! :smiley:

I think a weekly news bulletin is a cracking idea. :slight_smile:

woot, woot, woot - the NEWS is back!!!

Thanks mate, I really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Nice resurrection Ciccio :thumbsup:

As nitrile pointed out elsewhere, I may not be active in the G@h arena these days but I will read any news reports with interest.

As for suggestions, perhaps including the team league table and show a small area either side of the team for progress - easy enough to cull from the text only stats pages @ Stanford :slight_smile:

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Gandelf
you’ve mentioned the team stomps but no figures for either?

I thought about that, but it’s a moving target and thought better off in it’s own thread to keep up with the latest figures. Spose it won’t hurt though.

Originally posted by Mulda
As for suggestions, perhaps including the team league table and show a small area either side of the team for progress - easy enough to cull from the text only stats pages @ Stanford :slight_smile:

To be honest I left the team league table out on purpose, as it’s there in both statsman and the genome pages, I’d rather concentrate on people who are actually active at the moment. If people really liked that though, I can put it in in future.

A small area either side of the team is a good idea, give us an idea of where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Originally posted by Mulda
[B]Nice resurrection Ciccio :thumbsup:

As nitrile pointed out elsewhere, I may not be active in the G@h arena these days but I will read any news reports with interest. [/B]
Ditto the above, I stopped G@H last year to concentrate on the (unsuccesful) fight to stop OcUK stomping us in SETI… I used to really enjoy the G@H News posts, good to see them return :slight_smile:

i dont crunch for genome, but if you keep posting totty like that i might start!!!

Thanks very much for the report.

I have Genome running on my work laptop, but hopefully more power will be on its way soon :smiley: