Ubuntu 7.10 - Soon!

http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/gutsybeta

13 days left until 7.10! :slight_smile:

Looks like some nice additions but I don’t see anything about Thunderbird 2. Hopefully it’ll be in the repos as it’s stil v1.5 there ATM.:frowning:

Have you tried the Beta?

Curly

No I haven’t yet. I thought I might as well wait until the full distro comes out.

Can’t resist, downloading now. The desktop effect stuff was interesting in 7.04 so interested to see how it might have changed.

[QUOTE=mackerel;394469]Can’t resist, downloading now. The desktop effect stuff was interesting in 7.04 so interested to see how it might have changed.[/QUOTE]how is it going with the beta?

Curly

Downloaded, installed, distracted. At this rate final will be released before I look at it again.

Had a look at it mackeral?

I’m interested if Ubuntu have finally replaced Gaim with Pidgin and added Thunderbird 2 rather than v1.5

Had a quick play with the recent RC in a VM, but couldn’t get VNC working on it so decided to wait for final and put on real hardware. Not that VNC is a problem for it, I just never understood how to get it working on any linux.

Anyone else tried the final release yet? I downloaded it last week, about to install it on my mac mini now.

I did an update through update manager and I had a few small problems with Samba, I only install the latest folding client (think it runs slower :() and left it at that.

Curly

Not yet. I’m installing Xubuntu tomorrow mind.

Installed it on mac mini. Put boinc on it, now running rieselsieve LLR and I need to find out why it isn’t doing sieve like windows boxes would under the same settings… if I feel really brave, I’ll have to figure out vnc on linux once and for all.

Ooh, 7.10 defaults to a medium level of eye candy. This is roughly comparable to bits of vista. There’s a higher setting to get the wobbly windows. I still find it amusing even though I can’t see any point in it…

Woo, installing on my laptop now.

Wireless working out the box with WPA encryption :eek: They’ve really come a long long way since I last tried wireless in 5.10!!

Seriously impressed that it seems to have detected my laptop settings so readily. Looks like I may have a fully working Ubuntu laptop soon :smiley:

EDIT:
Wonder what will run on it… UT2k4 ran under windows…let’s see if it’ll work on Ubuntu 32 Bit. Oh and see if the Eve client will run on here as well :slight_smile: - Thinking chances maybe slim as I wont be using nVidia drivers or anything :frowning:

EDIT: EDIT:
Nope, no gaming but a brief partition later and some Grub and I have a 30Gb Windows partition for dual booting.

Oh and mackeral, I assume you’ve found out that RS is only sending out LLR apps to Linux machines at the mo?