W.a.m.t - 2022

Today I found out just how long a car will run without a functioning fuel pump.

If you take the air filter out and saturate it in unleaded it is possible to do a three point turn, repeat until the thing is wedged into a hedge and out of the way.
Do this three times and the engine is now hot enough to open the thermostat and burp out all the air.

I wonder if the new powered by fairy farts fuel is causing mischief in a 1998 Micra

" Nissan

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all models with petrol engines from 1st January 2000. Older petrol models should continue to use E5."

Great

Linked in is getting ideas above its natural place in life.

What it should be

• A contact point for finding shiny suited recruiters
  • A place to hang your CV up to draw in the Shiny suits
  • Errr that is it really!

What it should not be

• Somewhere to show off your wedding photos
  • A race to get the most contacts
  • Whacky marketing

I am being brutal with connections, the FRO button is getting daily use.
Connect by all means but IF the activity strays from the should list into the should not list …

WhatsApp the free software that mines data for Facebook, not a big fan so I don’t use it.

Oooh, WhatsApp for Linux, I can jail that in a VM and switch it off, lets party!

Oh, all it does is link your Linux app to your phone, what is the bloody use of that then ?

I needed it to contact a hardware vendor regarding a firmware update for some VOIP stuff.
The only route for support is WhatsApp.

Think I am going to get a price from a competitor and this old shite can go in the bin.

The old shite did go in the bin.
There was a final release of firmware for about 60 EOL VoiP handsets in a remote branch, the firmware update did not work with the Server software and could not be downgraded as they no longer connected to the update server.

Sawing off the branch you are sitting on, annoying.
Doing 60 at once, amusing.
The team that approved and performed this work being entirely offshore, Priceless!

In fact, remembering that event has entirely removed the current WAMT from my mind.
A good giggle is a valuable thing.