Wcmut - 2019

Had a few of those.
They don’t like the words ‘So Called’ Placed before the traitorous name ‘BBC’ either.

What you should do is claim you are an LGBTXYZZZZ person, who today identifies as a piece of B&Q hardwood flooring, and that they cant walk all over you…

Sarge

A pressure washer cheered me up today.
My neighbours kids have been given jobs to do, one has been tasked with “cleaning the driveway” with a pressure washer.
There has been the usual “Lets keep pressing the trigger to see how many different noises it will make” followed by “Ooooh its a light sabre, lets jetwash the sky” followed by a bit of driveway cleaning.

Then he got bored with cleaning the driveway and set about blasting away at a path running down the garden removing all the moss, mud and copious bird crap.

Removing is perhaps the wrong word, relocating is more accurate, being a sunny day the washing line was full of clean washing.
Its still full but no longer clean.

There may be some shouting in a little while.

:joy:

I sincerely hope it was their path/washing and not yours though :joy:

Does their pressure washer come with KY Jelly ?

This made me Laugh

I was watching a bit of Breaking Dad, Bradley Walsh doing a road trip in a big old bus.

Then I spotted the registration of his motorhome, looks like DX63EYT

The RatArseo was D563EYT

Last month a power cut resulted in the display on my electric meter failing… reported it to British Gas who informed me if I upgraded to a smart meter it would be sorted quicker than repairing/replacing the faulty one… Two weeks ago an engineer turned up and fitted the so called “smart meter” and made a hasty getaway…

Shortly afterwards noticed daily cost was not being displayed… checked the remote monitor and it displays the tariff as being 0.000p per kWhr…

Decided to report this to British Gas… Several webchats and phone calls ensued and every time was the same result…they’d pass it on to the technical department…

Eventually resorted to Twitter and finally got a response telling me they send out updates every Wednesday… Wednesday came and went with still no update… Resorted to Twitter again and remarked about BG being the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with…

Result!!! Friday gets a phone call from the complaints department apologising… and explained that the problem is with their meter and their systems and as a result I won’t be getting charged for any electricity usage up until the problem is sorted… So currently I’m on free electric and only paying the daily standing charge!!!

So what have I done in response… fired up an old cruncher to add a few more cores to COVID crunching

Today a job advert cheered me up, fresh off that there linkedIn

Sys Admin to join them in their offices in Reading. The culture in this business is so collaborative, fun and infectious they want everyone in the office full time! So if you’re seeking a role where you want to work from home all the time this is not the environment for you.

There is a word to make me want to run into a work space, Infectious.
Greta says the sea is rising, this is good as there is more sea for these pillocks to get in , for that is where they belong, in the sea.

oh dear - someone also needs to advertise for a job advert writer !

I have a new machine for creativity and mayhem in equal measure.
Arranged just as the stay at home season kicked in but collected yesterday.
This has cheered me up.

WCPGW?

Oh, my youngest has already found plans for a Go-Kart in that internet thingy.
In a moment of daftness I showed her a dusty old youtube of GixxerKart…

oh boy - where to start!

DT.

Managed to find the time to give it a pre-flight check, Red-Neck plug wiring sounded an alarm bell.

Despite coming from a business closure there was no PAT sticker anywhere on the unit, cannot think why that could be …

The Fuse bodgery had still failed it had burnt out below the fuse.
Re-wiring the plug, fitting a 13 Amp fuse and turning the current down as a precaution, I powered it up.
No loud bang or escaping magic smoke happened, just a humming fan so I squeezed the trigger to feed the wire through to the torch.

With a bit of scrap steel in the earth clamp, I dabbed the weld wire onto the steel, a satisfying crack and fizzle fired chunks of molten metal in all directions.
MOST EXCELLENT!

Tomorrow I will start building my Death Star, once I have a better mask set and some other frivolous safety gear.

Le Coq Macron getting a limp slap from an angry beardy!

The sound makes me grin every time

A Lion earlier quoted as saying “I feel like Chicken Tonight!”

Micron getting a slap of that chap, or his mum is a good thing.
Not sure how the term ‘Bell End’ translates into French.

Sarge.

WCMUT!

A colleague from a job some years back getting in touch.
He also mentioned in passing some details about my leaving present.

In a huge open plan office, just How hard can it be to find a hidden travel alarm clock that goes BEEP-Beep every hour ?

How hard can it be to find all twelve ?

Almost as hard as keeping a straight face all day when a chorus of beeps rang out every hour on the hour.

1 Like

When an expensive thing is broken with a good chance that a £400 bill is looming it fuels the internet search skills.

A fiver plus postage and I have a new one of these

It is broken itself by lightly exploding which affects the whole unit.
Anyone care to take a guess what it is part of ?

without scale hard to tell but it either looks like a igniter for a light or its a starter coil / capfor a ac unit ?

it’s a blue smoke keepy inney tin

1 Like

You are both close enough.
The magic smoke escaped, its a starter capacitor for a pump.

The pump not running caused the heater to run very hot, the safety cut out intervened but it did this long enough to destroy a couple of seals and make it a bit leakey.
Until I have the new seals I wont be able to test the pump, but I have fingers crossed that a total spend of £20 will revive the fizzy sex pond for a few more years.

will it have the right type of smoke in it though…