We don't need no stinking Possums!

Are we the TPR gonna let a North American Marsupial :stomp: us. The Guanlet is about over and now we need to show those fuzzy little dudes (and dudettes) what the big mythical bird does. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Let’s get Lifemappering. :nod:

Originally posted by MAOJC
[B]The Guantlet is about over and now we need to show those fuzzy little dudes (and dudettes) what the big mythical bird does. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Let’s get Lifemappering. :nod: [/B]

Are we feeling a little wound up at the moment Major?

Do not worry, this is no slackers DC project…well, ok, there is always room in the barrel for one but so far, I think we have a good mix of machines and people with dedication.

In the seven days since I started keeping stats, we have doubled our output and the number of team members.

Calm down sir! - you will do yourself a mischief:nono: then where would we be?

23.5 hrs more and than the rest of my home machines will get lifemapper installed too.

If I could get it running under wine…

Originally posted by Len
23.5 hrs more and than the rest of my home machines will get lifemapper installed too.

OMG! :eek:

I don’t think you will be alone Len, might have to start getting some early nights to rest the fingers ready for the list of in team stomps:thumbsup:

/…starts typing Google searches looking for something to quote in the news…

Wibble.

Originally posted by HairyMonster
If I could get it running under wine…

My machines work great while drinking wine. :flip:

We are the Small Furry Creatures, Prepare for assimulation.

[B]Are we the TPR gonna let a North American Marsupial :stomp: us. The Guanlet is about over and now we need to show those fuzzy little dudes (and dudettes) what the big mythical bird does. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Care to tell us wtf lifemappering is ?

Originally posted by Apex

Apex take a look in the sticky at the top of the forum, it has links to there site and that should tell ya all you need to know.

hth Curly

Originally posted by Apex

Lifemapper - well, er, see the sticky and follow to the the Lifemapper site.

Basically, hundreds of thousands of species of life around the planet have been observed in many locations and the aim is I believe, to map where abouts they are on the planet and where they spread from/to.

It is a very small but high CPU intensive little application. Each ‘Job’ calculates in about 20-40minutes depending on what species and where abouts it lives/has been observed.

The only drawback atm is that there is no caching, so the comp has to be net connected whilst running the app or it will stop whilst it waits to update the server/get the next species.

HTH.

This looks like it’s going to get a bit more “funnerer” real soon. :wink:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

[B]… we need to show those fuzzy little dudes (and dudettes) what the big mythical bird does. :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

That’s the right tpr spirit! :thumbsup:

Ok, I move a few additional machines from the fold to lifemapping… :flip: :slight_smile:

We can beat these possums :stomp:

No problem for TPR, gap down to 674, just fired up a second machine. :slight_smile:

Oh and we are now in the Top 10 :smiley: :smiley: :cool:

Keep mapping

To bad the stats didn’t update! :shrug:

We need to :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: them possums!

[B]To bad the stats didn’t update! :shrug:

We need to :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: them possums! [/B]

They have just updated…now after I have my Tea, get a bath, see the kids to bed watch a few soaps I’ll start on the news…

Only kidding, getting on with it now!:wink:

Well everyone, TSC is back online once again, so many of our Possum Lifemappers will be heading back to their primary project. I plan on running one machine on Lifemapper 24/7 . We have had a lot of fun, but it is just a matter of less than a day and you’ll be all over us.

But one thing that you can count on. Your forum will not be a Possum free zone

We also figured for being such good sports we would give to you our beloved flea circus.