What annoyed me today...

WAMT, Being stopped for speeding… yeh my own fault, but still hot a happy bunny, 39 in a 30. Now go look at WCMUT

No idea if this is an annoying thing to anybody else, or merely a sign of the times :sigh:

The weather bloke on TV this morning, fair enough it’s a job and being a ‘weather man’ is better than working in a factory … but I was expecting the phrase ‘welease wodney’ all the time he was talking :rolleyes:

I was actually laughing like heck, which seemed to annoy the wife, but if you have a speech impediment then why on earth pick a role where it’s shown to the world … us old farts will take the piss, trust me.

My ex. Any parent who is divorced will know that kids birthdays are hard to come through without upset. Thought I’d pulled it off this year, how wrong could I be !!

yup, and the same at christmas, ho bleeding ho.

All you can do is be yourself and wait until the kids have grown up.
One of mine is there, one has a way to go yet
:frowning:

Yes, christmas / new year are also nightmares. People wonder why I would rather skip both.

Seeing this
http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/news/s/1315373_toy_soldier_game_gives_locals_rude_awakening

Despite assurances from police, Mr Walker complained to the council.

So even though the council and the police knew, he moaned and they’ve had to move out? That seems drastic . With luck it wont happen at my locla site in Leicester (also run by the very capable and great F+O)…

The distinct possibility of having to buy a new TV since ours just refuses to turn on. They just don’t build things the way they used to :sigh:

hangovers …

Having £470 taken from my account by someone who is living it up in a premier inn near Maidenhead… I now have no money till it gets refunded, banks fraud squad has stopped the card and said I should get refunded by Thursday and a new card on the 21st.

Damn that Lenny Henry!!! Shocking behaviour!

Butuz

[QUOTE=Butuz;456016]Damn that Lenny Henry!!! Shocking behaviour!

Butuz[/QUOTE]I did wonder how long it would be before someone mention Lenny Henry…:slight_smile:

Mild Chilli Powder.

That annoyed me.
What the heck is the point of that ?
If you want the dish to be less hot, put LESS in, thats all there is to it.

After cooking a poor beef curry and chilli for lightweights I noticed in small print the words “mild Chilli Powder” on the front of the jar.

I’ll be going back for a jar of the proper stuff soon

1and1

support call from a client of mine went something like this
client = “I’ve reached my mailbox storage level, can you increase it or tell me how to make my email work again”
1and1= “Log in to webmail, goto settings, set it to permanently delete items, now goto inbox, ctrl+a and hit delete”

long story short, the client was using IMAP … opened Outlook and the past five years of business emails started to disappear before his eyes.

All devices by the point I got the call had synchronised and updated leaving no emails …

Now I get to pick up what’s left and try to find out the last backup from 1and1 sysadmins. Bang goes my weekend.

DT.

EEK, that’s not good!

Finding out I have been the victim of a hit and run driver overnight… :frowning:

The 944 was parked outside my house overnight, and when I went out to it today I found my offside front and rear wings badly scraped and my OSF wheel at an odd angle.

Police came round and the evidence points to a turquoise Seat causing the damage. A neighbour heard a bang at about 02:30 this morning, but didn’t see anything.

Just hope the insurance company doesn’t write it off!!!

Sleep being elusive :sigh:

My daughter and her split up get back together cycle with her boyfriend. When will they realise its over ?!

The loan car the body-shop has given me whilst the Porsche is getting repaired…

Hyundai Amica Si…

0-60 in about 2 weeks!!! :frowning:

Have to plan overtaking at least 2 months in advance!!!

And it’s the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven!!!

The good news is I should have the Porsche back sometime next week… went to see it yesterday and the panels are primed ready for painting, and all the parts have arrived to repair the damage done to the steering.

I’m apparently a bad guy - though it’s sugar all to do with me :frowning:

Not going to go into too much detail, but whatever you hear about the immigration policy being lax in the uk - forget it.

Son’s lady he met over the net came to the UK, overstayed her visa, was shipped back after being given a federal loan a year ago.

She was homeless, but got a job, and with a little help from my lad pay that off.

She discovered she was pregnant. Oops. He went across, they got married, he returned. She’s now 35 weeks. She decided to come across to the UK on a holiday visa. The Uk Border people promptly sent her back to the US.

Their reasons? You don’t turn up in the UK expecting support from the NHS. Even if you’re an American.
You have to show that you’re able to support yourself in the uk. Even if you’re an American.
They don’t believe you will go home after 6 months. Etc.

My lad has a steady income (at a bank), his own place, A couple of anonymous doners have given money for her to come across, and he’s taken loans.

I’m the bad guy because shoving money in her direction, in my opinion, is not a good thing. I’m making no judgement about what the angles are. I’ve read the UK immigration policy. Their correct. My personal experience of the states is a little out of date. I need a little info.

If you sleep on an air bed on the floor of a church, pregnant, will Medicare cover the birth and care? And what’s the price per gallon of gas in Cedar Lake, Illinois? Apparently, and I’m not sure of the exact amount, before she tried to come across, it seems someone was charging her $200 a week to transport her to work? We’ve got copys of pregnancy scans, btw.

I know what I think. But is medical care for someone on medicare is that bad a pregnant woman wouldn’t receive care in the US as she claims?

And can it get that bad State-side?

[QUOTE=wheelieslug;456261]I’m apparently a bad guy - though it’s sugar all to do with me :frowning:

Not going to go into too much detail, but whatever you hear about the immigration policy being lax in the uk - forget it.

Son’s lady he met over the net came to the UK, overstayed her visa, was shipped back after being given a federal loan a year ago.

She was homeless, but got a job, and with a little help from my lad pay that off.

She discovered she was pregnant. Oops. He went across, they got married, he returned. She’s now 35 weeks. She decided to come across to the UK on a holiday visa. The Uk Border people promptly sent her back to the US.

Their reasons? You don’t turn up in the UK expecting support from the NHS. Even if you’re an American.
You have to show that you’re able to support yourself in the uk. Even if you’re an American.
They don’t believe you will go home after 6 months. Etc.

My lad has a steady income (at a bank), his own place, A couple of anonymous doners have given money for her to come across, and he’s taken loans.

[/QUOTE]

Is this the one that was the guest at your house up until 6 months ago?

The overstay on her visa won’t have helped…

If they are now married then why don’t they apply for a spouse visa for her… they last 27 months - but it is quite expensive. Also being a spouse she is entitled to treatment on the NHS. One of the first things I did when the wife came over from Thailand was to enrol her at my doctors surgery.