What's going on here?

I’m getting this on several machines, very occasionally, and I don’t know the cause (or what to call it, so it’s hard to search for a solution!).

All the applications seem to split into a ton of windows, with no obvious trigger, and I have to close anything and reboot. No events in the event viewer related to it etc… any ideas appreciated!

that looks like an app somewhere is putting some form of debug mode on the system.

I’ve never seen it before though, but the window list is odd, could be a rogue window handle call in an app somewhere.

DT.

[QUOTE=Speedo;452105]I’m getting this on several machines, very occasionally, and I don’t know the cause (or what to call it, so it’s hard to search for a solution!).

All the applications seem to split into a ton of windows, with no obvious trigger, and I have to close anything and reboot. No events in the event viewer related to it etc… any ideas appreciated![/QUOTE]

Looks a bit dodgy, have you tried running HijackThis to get a dump of everything that’s running?

HP Printer? Do you have it connected to a HP Wireless printer?

[QUOTE=DoubleTop;452106]that looks like an app somewhere is putting some form of debug mode on the system.

I’ve never seen it before though, but the window list is odd, could be a rogue window handle call in an app somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I’ll ask the in-house programmer. There’s only one bit of software in common, and if that’s causing it I doubt I’ll get any help. :frowning:

I haven’t, should I catch it again I’ll see what I get. I’ve only had it happen on 4 machines, and it can occur twice in a week or once in two months.

One of the computers is connected to an old parallel HP printer, but the rest are not. I suspected it was some software they were running in our callcentre, but one of the engineers had it a few weeks ago (completely different department/building) which is what prompted me to post it up.

Thanks for the replies!