Why Team Phoenix Rising.

Chances are if your looking at this first post, you are considering joining Phoenix Rising, or a member that I hope posts their reasons for being here also.

Lets go back about five years and tell you how I came to be part of this wonderful group.

Back in Sept. 2004 I decided to participate in distributed computing. Like most, SETI was my first project. Time to look for a team to join, so many to choose from, I was not going to join a number one team being a newbie… that would be like sitting in the first pew on your first day in church, just seemed wrong.

I spent a full day looking at the different team forums, Well to be honest the first thing that brought my attention to the team was the name, sounded real cool.

I must have looked over a couple dozen posts. These were serious crunchers, yet they had a camaraderie that was just unique. Didn’t take long to see the bond they had with each other, so I joined.

Today the thoughts are still the same. Members of TPR are more then just teammates, they are friends and very close to being family.

Yes family… we share our thoughts, opinions, dislike, and feel sad for others in their times of distress.

Oh yes! We even fight with each other at times, like all family does. Some don’t even care much for each other… yet respect is always tried to be given.

Yes we had a few that could not fit in, and that is sad, yet they usually don’t stay around. Well there is rules, good family structures always have such.

Two things are for sure.
Even if we became last in every project, we would still be here with support and optimism, and no matter what ones thoughts are about another, if the opportunity arose, and one was in the position to do so, we would always have each others back.

That is why… Phoenix Rising!

Well my first days here where under a username of daisoldier or daisun… another member introduced me… who has since decided against posting here…

I was banned once for being a very childish, immature annoyance… and only through age did that become apparent… im glad to say I feel I changed my ways pretty sharpish and for some reason I just stick around… as you said there is a nice feel of team work… and even if we where last in all the projects… it wouldnt really matter… and im a stat whore…

im just glad to be part of this great community :slight_smile:

I wont name the banned account… im sure most people know anyway…

<3

Bin who? :smiley: Know what you mean guys. The guys and gals on this site are the best I’ve come across on many a BBS I’ve been on in the past. Some are so stuck up, you wonder why anyone would want to join them.

Team Phoenix Rising is a great community. You just have to look at the variety of interests that the members have. We have computer builders, car enthusiasts, scuba divers, DIYers (when are you going to finish that room Balrog :smiley: ) off-roaders, airsofters, digital artists, programmers, website builders, experts in various operating systems and other pieces of software…and of course the reason we mostly started visiting this site, the fascination with the multitude of distributing computer projects available and the gentle but fun rivalry that that can lead to.

After 7 years I’m still here which must count for something. Unless I’m really stacked out with work or can’t get online for some reason, I’m here daily, cause I enjoy listening to what you guys are up to. It’s my “other” family and I’d miss it if I wasn’t here.

i just came here for the custard :cuddle: :wink:

i stayed for the friends i gained who which many i have now met and know more than just there online personalities, a cracking bunch of people who can always make you smile and laugh during the good times and are supporting in the bad tmes, and don’t laugh to hard when you ask silly questions :slight_smile:

I’m here 'cos I’m too damn lazy to go elsewhere. Don’t like the place really…

I live far away in sunny South Africa and have actually had the pleasure of meeting some of these monkeys due to a 1 month business trip to the UK.

Great bunch of guys and it is my favourite forum on the net. Been here for quite a while and to be honest, I aint planning on quitting either. Crunched for LWD a while back which is also a great team but 99% of all my DC power has been for my 1 true love;)

TPR.

I’m here because I can’t leave without finding the hidden stash of ginger nuts and JD that Riddler has hidden in tha dungeons somewhere …

DT.

I am user ID #4 nuff said (I feel old).

@placidsheep you summed that up well :wink: and the change in character is very much noticed. <that’s a compliment if you were unsure>

@DT your looking in the wrong place ;)…:alan:

Whatever the future holds for TPR I am sure I will be here lurking daily can’t get rid of me :smiley:

I came looking for bananas and found custard!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a wee bit of a lurker… a Team Picard member who just pop’s in from time-to-time keeping tabs on the opposition.

This is a very friendly forum, I know this for a fact because I read it here somewher :lol:

The proof of the pudding, custard or whatever, that determines a good forum is the amount of posting that takes place on a daily basis. On this assumption this is one Jim Dandy of a forum. It’s full of cameradie, wit, **** and sound advice - not necessarily in that order - and above all, is just a nice place to hang out.

If it works, don’t fix it. TPR works for me… keep the faith. :trophy:

I’m honestly not sure why I’m here, or how i got here.

But I like it so I’m staying :slight_smile:

In this proud land we grew up strong
We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win
I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
Ive changed my face, Ive changed my name
But no one wants you when you lose

Dont give up
cos you have friends
Dont give up
Youre not beaten yet
Dont give up
I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around
Never thought I could be affected
Thought that wed be the last to go
It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home
The place that I was born, on the lakeside
As daylight broke, I saw the earth
The trees had burned down to the ground

Dont give up
You still have us
Dont give up
We dont need much of anything
Dont give up
cause somewhere theres a place
Where we belong

Rest your head
You worry too much
Its going to be alright
When times get rough
You can fall back on us
Dont give up
Please dont give up

got to walk out of here
I cant take anymore
Going to stand on that bridge
Keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come
And whatever may go
That rivers flowing
That rivers flowing

Moved on to another town
Tried hard to settle down
For every job, so many men
So many men no-one needs

Dont give up
cause you have friends
Dont give up
Youre not the only one
Dont give up
No reason to be ashamed
Dont give up
You still have us
Dont give up now
Were proud of who you are
Dont give up
You know its never been easy
Dont give up
cause I believe theres the a place
Theres a place where we belong

now that’s a quality tune :smiley:

DT.

I came because I thought TPR was the Phoenix Rising group in Kings Of Chaos (remember that?!) and I noticed you crunched (something I just started as well) so I stayed for that and never left. :eek:

I believed someone ‘Pimped Me’ to join the Seti team back before it was Boinc…

Still doing it on and off :smiley:

[quote=WORMSS;436781]I believed someone ‘Pimped Me’ to join the Seti team back before it was Boinc…

Still doing it on and off :D[/quote]
Well they made a good choice!