Windows Games on Linux

I know we’ve talked about this one before but after several attempts I’ve come to ask for some help.

I’m trying to get windows games running through wine(x), crossover or any other method - this is the end goal.

So far I’ve tried FC6 but failed to get ATI drivers to install.
Ubuntu, uncertain driver installation, but managed to get World of Warcraft running via crossover (demo) at approx 2 fps :smiley:

I’ve tried following all sorts of guides and always run in to difficulties - so has anyone here successfully managed to a) install ati drivers on linux b) play windows games via wine(x)… and if so, can you recommend a guide ?

cheers,
spaceboy

I know war_pig used Cedega to happily play EVE Online.

As for ATI drivers on Ubuntu, cant help much because I’ve got a nVidia card and not used ATI with linux.

got a nice wine guide (cheers wyntrblue)… now, anyone got a rocking howto on the ati drivers ? :wink:

SUSE 10.2 has this the linux ATI drivers direct from ATI are normally optimised for Red hat and SUSE

I used Alberto Milone’s ‘Envy’ to install both ATi and nVidia drivers on Ubuntu. Not tried any gaming though.

well, the SUSE guide was very useful and installed the driver, however “glxinfo” still reports using the mesa glx driver for openGL :frowning:

envy only works on ubuntu, so I’ll give that a go next :thumbsup:

I could not even install FC6 on my rig with the ATI X1950

ATI are not my fav people at the mo :rant:

The latest drivers even on windows seem a step backwards with 7.x and how it handles multiple monitors :frowning:

looking good…

ubuntu on
envy installed the ati drivers straight off - confirmed it’s using them too, with 3D support :eek:

wine installed, now copying WoW across my network :wink: