Windows Update Error Message

Having issues with Microsoft .Net 1.1 security update (KB953297) keeps failing with error code “Error Code: 0x643”. Just won’t install and I can’t see why. Just blimmin’ irritating that it keeps cropping up in the system tray all the time & I Can’t get rid. MS support not much use either.

Anyone else had this and know of a fix at all?

Have you tried downloading the update yourself and installing it manually ?

Yep. Still the same :frowning:

Bypass it. Install .net 3.5.

Already have 3.5 installed. I suppose I could uninstall 1.1, but the system has downloaded the update to somewhere on the machine & I can’t find it in any of the temp files. I’ve deleted everything I can find, but it still says it’s already downloaded and ready to install. It’s a pain in the a$$

heh, the same patch won’t install on mine, cos they’ve not coded it for xp pro x64!

best thing to do is custom install, untick the box, click continue, and it should prompt you whether u want to hide the update.

Works a trest for me

Yeah I thought of that, but it leaves the .NET 1.1 with a security hole in it. :rolleyes:

teehee, googled part of your error and I got this thread and one with what appears to be a fix from a MS engineer.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistawu/thread/b7598149-58e2-43ad-b8b4-1a8e4341d9e6

DT.

I don’t think I will be attempting any of that tonight. I’ve already got the verbose log file whilst trying to fix it earlier, but what they are proposing will take time. Clear head and more time required I think. Cheers for the heads-up DT. :thumbsup: