Windows VISTA - can't believe we were talking about it 7 years ago....

Team testing of this new and faster OS from MS. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :chuckle:

And 7 years later I’m still running XP.

Even the company I work for is still running XP…

…and me too!! :smiley:

And I have no intention of (up?)grading from XP either. The lappy came with a newer variant, but the rig remains on XP!

Vista wasn’t as bad as it was made out. It was the early bad press that killed it. Not really that different from Vista.1 also known as Win7. Couldn’t think of running XP now… so ram limited. No, XP64 doesn’t count since nothing ever supported that.

Having said all that, I never had a main box running Vista. Went 2k, XP, 7, 7. I do run Vista on my netbook which is used almost daily!

I’m now on W7 at work as my xp laptop was ‘beyond economic repair’. At first I thought it was the backlight going, but a high pitched whistle that gets lower and lower to the point the screen cuts off suggests it’s a capacitor issue. Trying to see if they’ve got spare motherboards for the model so I can revert (I hate widescreen laptops!).

Oh well.

In the past I have bought XP and XP pro as upgrades and with new build white box systems.

A bargain Dell laptop came with Vista on it and after just a couple of hours I vowed to avoid it completely and the laptop went into the cupboard for several years.
When it came out again it became riddled with viruses quite swiftly so there are fans of Windows Fista out there, mostly script kiddies.

I have since been given a Dell laptop on a longterm loan with windows-7 64 bit on it and I have to say I’m warming to Windows 7 now, this is of course simply because it works in a manner reasonably similar to 2K/XP

Dual boot XP Pro and Win 7 on the main rig, and after initial problems and glitches with 7 (eventually traced to Avast, believe it or not) I now run Win 7 most of the time.

I think XP will always be an OS on my computer - even if just as a back-up. Vista was tried and thrown away … I found it harder to handle than Millenium :yawn:

Windows 7 is a great OS. Wont be upgrading the fleet to Win 8 any time soon.

Butuz

Still on XP although I am thinking of upgrading my main system to W7 at some time in the future, before it disappears off the shelves.

Have to say the move to 7 was a good one. I don’t know that it runs any better than XP, but the 64-bit is nice.