WINSA - Title must be at least eight characters but no upper limit seems to be evident meaning the entire text of War and peace could be concealed in the title of a forum post, Im sure there is an upper limit somewhere but I'm unlikely to reach 255 chars

What Im Not Sure About

I’m down to just the one heater in my office today, the NAS in the corner says its at 39’C and my desktop is moaning too

Core 0: +63.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1: +62.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

So what happened to Winter ?
Is that it ?
Have the Eco-Weenies been right all along and we now have global warming ?

Does anybody know when this will reach the garage ?

Locating sensor record…
Sensor ID : Ambient Temp (0x8)
Entity ID : 7.1
Sensor Type (Threshold) : Temperature
Sensor Reading : 8 (+/- 1) degrees C

The BBC says it is 9’C but the pool is still frozen, typical BBC scaremongering dodging hard (and lumpy) facts

Well you got to 254 Characters OK.

Eco Weenies and snow flakes have not started to melt yet, they stay quiet during the winter months.
If they start spouting off about Global Warming during the Christmas / new year period we always end up with heaps of snow, so they stay quiet & hibernate during this season. Spoilsports… They have to ruin it for everyone.

Sarge.

Eco-Weenies do sometimes turn up, they caused ten minutes of disruption a while ago managing to alienate hundreds of people in the process, many of which were on buses I believe.

I doff my headgear to the BBC, the Garage stat agrees with the prediction.

Locating sensor record…
Sensor ID : Ambient Temp (0x8)
Entity ID : 7.1
Sensor Type (Threshold) : Temperature
Sensor Reading : 9 (+/- 1) degrees C
Lower Non-Recoverable : na

the workshop was a lovely and warm 4degrees the other day.

Then the unit next door put on the central heating - they have amazing insulation #notreally

Within an hour, had doubled to 8degress and I could play darts without gloves!

If the partition wall has hotspots where a massive radiator is the other side you could experiment with some peltier cells and literally suck the heat through the wall like one of those ground source heating systems.

TFW Labs : Finding solutions nobody needed for longer than average.

way to inefficient using peltiers more energy in than heat out. heatpumps compressors more the way people even suck out heat from cold rivers and get toasty heat out the rad. as the refrigerant amplifies the effect. :slight_smile:

A rack of bitcoin machines should take the chill off, go with plan B

Or Etherium.

Sarge.

Anyone in TPR doing Etherium or Bitcoin these days ?
I’m still running Etherium, with 2 rigs on it 24-7.

Sarge.

still have a rig, single card doing a little, nothing like what I did have though

Its that time of year again, the bit where “use it or lose it” is applied to the last scrape of the budget barrel.

Many of my local streets have potholes.
Some of these pot holes have been outlined in temporary spray chalk.
Some have not.

I have a big can of spray chalk…

WWJCD?*

Discuss

• What Would Jeremy Clarkson do

I have several tinfoil hats, just in case.
When not wearing the shiny hat I have a big hat of Cynicism, I’m wearing it now

The BBC has a news item “Lucky Escape from collapsing wall caught on CCTV”
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-47523798/lucky-escape-as-stoke-newington-building-collapses-in-wind.

But it isnt CCTV, The footage looks very much like an Iphone that just happens to be recording out of the window onto a street below.
It tracks a man walking then just as he is in the clear a load of masonry and dust falls down.

Did the bricks fall or was this staged ?

I’m very much on the sceptical side and automatically think it’s staged

insurance job

Staged.

I found a box of paperwork lurking in my office which I think came from my Mums loft.
In it are a number of old musical scores from 1900 onwards in varied condition but all slightly musty.

Now people may say progress has eroded the finer things and back in the day it was all better than now but having read some of the songs from then I can see why kids today would prefer a playstation.

You might think “The bad childs ; SONGS ABOUT BEASTS” might be an early book of musical rebellion and being old as well = KERCHING!

A couple of examples
The Big Baboon - Words by H. BELLOC, Music by GRAHAM PEEL. (Caps lock heros it seems)
The Big Baboon is found upon
The plains of Cariboo:
He goes about with nothing on
(A shocking thing to do).

But if he dressed up respectably
And let his whiskers grow,
How like this Big Baboon would be
To Mister So-and-so!

Hmm, how about this
The Dodo. - Words by H. BELLOC, Music by GRAHAM PEEL. (Stop SHOUTING)

The Dodo used to walk around,
And take the sun and air.
The sun yet warms his native ground—
The Dodo is not there!
The voice which used to squawk and squeak
Is now forever dumb—
Yet may you see his bones and beak
All in the Mu-se-um.

I was also amused by the cover of a tidy version of “Russian song books - songs for a soprano voice” and the second volume at that
“PRICE 3/- NET CASH” - so No Amex or contactless then, just the shillings.

The bit I’m not sure about is what to do with them, they are worth pennies even less with woodworm damage but I have a plan.
They are going into an important looking box and will be hidden in the far corner of the loft eaves with a post it note inside the front cover that will read “Sorry Kids, these are worth **** all, please hide them in your loft for your kids to find in many years to come, Love Dad”

I have looked for a note already in place but none has been found, my mum had a similar sense of humour.

1 Like